Slackbot draws stuff

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if the Muses are a possible naming source...

Erato I would think is definitely out, although she's associated more with erotic/love poetry, the site I checked says she also symbolized lyric poetry so it's up to you.
Euturpe, who symbolized music and joyous poetry. She's represented by an aulos—that could be a potential name choice as well.
Melpomene, muse of tragic poetry.
Polyhymnia or shorten it to Hymnia, muse of sacred poetry or artful poetry if it is the Sneetchly fraggle's related to Mokey.
Thalia, the comedy-loving muse.
Urania, muse of astronomy.

Or perhaps Mousa which means simply song and music, which is what all Fraggles basically represent.
If none of these stick, that's okay, just thought I'd pitch a few ideas. :sing: :flirt:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Since she doesn't appear until the second half of the story, I have time to see how she develops and what niche she will fill, if any. Right now I don't plan for her to be that important a character, so it may be more fitting for her to have a name that just reflects her heritage. Which means I ought to be looking at Latin instead of Greek.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Final Fraggle Rock Fantasy: I play with story ideas on the bus, while cooking, or any other time my mind isn't otherwise occupied. This image came to me while I was level-grinding in a game of Final Fantasy X. Originally I was gonna give Janken a big sword and Cantus a red monk's outfit and jug of booze, but that would just be silly.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Hmm, not a FF fan crowd here, eh? Ah well.

My birthday present to myself this year is a week of vacation, which I am in the middle of right now. Since the weather was nice, I went downtown to visit the Center for Puppetry Arts and the Henson/Muppet exhibit therein. However, when I got there I found it was going to close in an hour. Seriously, it closes at 3:00. Bummer. But I did spend the time doing some quick ballpoint sketches of some of the puppets on display:

Red & Mokey Fraggle: Holding the rods to the puppets used in The Incredible Shrinking Mokey. However, the display case said "The Fraggles' Nativity Puppets". Er... what? When the museum manager saw me drawing and came over to chat I pointed out the error and explained that Fraggles don't share human cultural institutions like religion. It'd be nice if they checked this out and then fixed it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jim: Jim from The Country Trio. I wish I had much more time to draw this puppet, as the hair and fringe textures are so nifty and a little shading would have made the face pop. Maybe next time.

Dr. Teeth: I spent the most time on this pic, and it shows. This guy was a load of fun to draw, in no small part because I saw a lot of things I'd never noticed before. His face is foam but his hands are fleece. His shades' earpieces attach at the middle of his ears rather than hooking over them. His teeth are all separate rather than one wide piece, and the teeth don't match up exactly. And there are so many neat textures and things. I think I spent 20 minutes on this pic, but I could easily have gone for hours.

There were so many more puppets I'd have liked to draw. Rowlf, The Swedish Chef, Bugsy Them, Ernie, The La Choy Dragon, etc. Well, there'll be a next time.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to go and do a more proper drawing before too long. Note to self: become a member of the CPA. Free admission to the museum would be a great motivator.

Stealth Hug: This started out as an inspirational doodle for A Wandering Heart, but it kind of got away from me. I don't think the scene will play out like this, but I don't care, I was having too much fun drawing Wembley attacking Boober with "Hug Fu."

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks. You know that "Whoa!" yelp Boober always does when someone startles him? I imagine that here. And I imagine that immediately afterwards Wembley's going to be helping a grumbly Boober up out of a chair that's fallen over backwards.

I tweaked and reuploaded the picture 'cause I wasn't satisfied with the shading on Boober's bod. He didn't look pudgy enough.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I can't tell but I'll take your word for it.
Have you considered drawing a follow up pic of Wembley and Boober immediately afterwards as you just described them?