Slackbot draws stuff

Slackbot

Reaction score
Everyone Loves Wembley: As any Fraggle fan can probably guess, this is based on the episode We Love You, Wembley. One of my weak points is drawing characters physically interacting, so I challenged myself to draw the scene in which everyone falls under the spell of the love potion and gloms onto Wembley. It was a challenge to draw, but also stupidly fun, and I stayed up way too late last night drawing fur and hair textures.

Is it just me, or does the Trash Heap get a kick out of messing with the Fraggles' heads? She gave Mokey an out-of-control magic paintbrush. She gave Gobo a riddle instead of simply telling him how to save the Fraggles from eternal hibernation (not to mention saving the ditsies from extinction!). She gives Boober placebo after placebo. And in this episode she gave Wembley a love potion he didn't want so everyone would go bananas for him--for about one minute. What was that supposed to accomplish? If anyone needed to be taught a lesson, it was Mokey, who insisted on butting in and trying to turn simple friendship into a torrid love affair. Shame on ya, Marjorie.

ilovemusic

Reaction score
Everyone Loves Wembley: As any Fraggle fan can probably guess, this is based on the episode We Love You, Wembley. One of my weak points is drawing characters physically interacting, so I challenged myself to draw the scene in which everyone falls under the spell of the love potion and gloms onto Wembley. It was a challenge to draw, but also stupidly fun, and I stayed up way too late last night drawing fur and hair textures.

Is it just me, or does the Trash Heap get a kick out of messing with the Fraggles' heads? She gave Mokey an out-of-control magic paintbrush. She gave Gobo a riddle instead of simply telling him how to save the Fraggles from eternal hibernation (not to mention saving the ditsies from extinction!). She gives Boober placebo after placebo. And in this episode she gave Wembley a love potion he didn't want so everyone would go bananas for him--for about one minute. What was that supposed to accomplish? If anyone needed to be taught a lesson, it was Mokey, who insisted on butting in and trying to turn simple friendship into a torrid love affair. Shame on ya, Marjorie.

^^ cuteness<3

Slackbot

Reaction score

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Your Fraggled self kind of looks like the Storyteller.

And Pogo Wembley is cute!

Rat: In the same way a goiter is cute.

*Glares*

Rat: To the wall hole!

*Rushes off humming theme music*

Rats, can't live with 'em, can't bonk 'em with a mallet.

Slackbot

Reaction score
My, it's quiet in here.

Leap of Faith: I'm working on another Fraggle story, this one to be titled "The Mamas and The Papas" unless I think of something better. Amazingly, I actually had fun drawing the rocks. Maybe I'm getting used to drawing backgrounds.

Here's a chunk of the scene being illustrated. (Warning: my first draft writing is very first-drafty.)

Janken looked around. He was alone with Wembley on a high pillar of stone, so high that he could not see the floor. Up above the sky ripped with sunset colors. He shrank from the edge of the pillar and looked up at Wembley.

Wembley was smiling. "Don't be afraid. There's no danger, remember?"

Janken looked down. He knew that, but it was hard to believe it when he saw no safe cave walls, no ceiling, no floor, nothing but distance in every direction. He felt tinier than he did when he visited the Gorgs' garden. "What do we do?" he asked.

Wembley held out a hand. Janken took it, and stood up. Wembley picked him up--he was almost too big for this, but that didn't matter here--and said, "Trust me. You'll like this, I promise."

"Okay."

Wembley walked to the edge of the pillar and said, "One, two, three!"

Janken felt him tense, then spring forward.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
My, it's quiet in here.

Leap of Faith: I'm working on another Fraggle story, this one to be titled "The Mamas and The Papas" unless I think of something better. Amazingly, I actually had fun drawing the rocks. Maybe I'm getting used to drawing backgrounds.

Here's a chunk of the scene being illustrated. (Warning: my first draft writing is very first-drafty.)
That's because Rat's not here. :wink: (Yuk-yuk-yuk)

Bad jokes aside, those rocks look incredible! (Are they supposed to be some kind of crystal?) The background is very interesting to look at. And Wembley looks (dare I say it) downright majestic!

Even with all its first-draftiness, that 'chunk' is a lot better than a lot of the so-called "stories" I've seen on other sites. Can't wait to read it! :excited:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks! The rocks are... well, like Skenfrith, they are whatever you think they are. Crystalline is as good a guess as any. I had several things in mind when I drew it. Quartz for translucency, with bands of color somewhere between the stripes on an agate and the strata you see in the Grand Canyon.

Wembley, majestic? Well, he certainly has a majestic schnoz! :coy:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Fistface Wembley: It'd be stretching to call this B&W drawing art. It's actually an excuse for me to ask a question. The Wembley puppet has a very flexible face, which gives him a great range of expression. However, there's one face he often makes that I can't read at all. He opens his mouth and sticks his nose onto his lower jaw. What is that supposed to represent? Scowling? Pain? Disbelief? Grand Mal? To me it just looks like he's gurning. Normally I don't think much about it, but I'm working on a story in which this expression is an honest-to-goodness plot point, and I have no idea how to describe it.