Skype Puppetry?

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
High quality video chat programs are sweeping the nation. Ok maybe not so much, but they do lend themselves to remote performances around the country.

I know I've talked about it in the past with Buck Beaver, & would like to open up the conversation to everyone to get different ideas & perspectives on this.

I've done live puppet shows for internet audiences before, but what we're thinking is that we can have guest artists perform at our puppet slams remotely, via the magical world of the interweb, and have it projected onto a screen for an audience to see as one of the pieces in the slam.

We have slams coming up in January & February. I'm not sure if that gives us enough time, but I'd like to try *something* out.

Any thoughts?

SesameKermie

Reaction score
If you can get a decent video connection, that sounds neat! However, Most video chat's I've seen haven't been able to sync voice and video very well.

kbug67

Reaction score
I've done live puppet shows for internet audiences before, but what we're thinking is that we can have guest artists perform at our puppet slams remotely, via the magical world of the interweb, and have it projected onto a screen for an audience to see as one of the pieces in the slam.

We have slams coming up in January & February. I'm not sure if that gives us enough time, but I'd like to try *something* out.
If you want any help with is im more than willing to help!
Just email me!

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Comparing Skype (I use it fairly regularly to talk with my brother in Australia) with the program I used, the lip synch wasn't too bad. Granted, it wasn't perfect, but the picture was clear, and I think an audience would be mindful that this would be an experiment in theater. Especially after I tell them that its an experiment in theater.

Really, if anyone wants to come up with a show for an adult audience, that'd be great. We numb them to offense, so you can be as terrible or as wonderful as you'd like. Of course the big boss-lady would have to approve the show, but she approves of every show I do, so that's not exactly saying much :wink: Only requirement is that it would have to be performed live. And Involve puppets....and not be terribly long (under 20 minutes for sure, aim for about 10-15), and you'd have to be available for a Thursday night tech rehearsal as well as both the Friday and Saturday night shows...Ok so there might be more than one requirement :wink: