Skeeter....Muppet Baby that never grew!

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
When I was little I used to thik Skeeter grew up into Janice. :embarrassed:
LOL, one possible explanation...
Now would maybe to late to bring her into the picture unless Disny re did MB then maybe they could put her into play with the other muppets that are grown.
No way; it can't be too late to bring in Skeeter! She rocks! She'd bring out a lot in Scooter.

I remember watching Muppet Babies all the time when I was little and I never even noticed Skeeter. Either it was because they were twins and seemed like the same person to me or I was just too obsessed with Baby Rowlf.

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
Janice was actuly in MB once she was like maybe teen age but she was in MB.

Now the reason why i think there wasnt a Skeeter made was that MB was started after MTM and the Muppets where preety well established in thier chariturs and to add one would be kind of confusing and who would perfomme her. Now would maybe to late to bring her into the picture unless Disny re did MB then maybe they could put her into play with the other muppets that are grown. then i know you think well what about clifford sal johnny and peppe they are new to the muppets.
Yea they are but in my opinoin Pepe is the only one of them that seems to have the right cimistry with all the others. especaly Kermit. That the big one you need to have cimistry with is Kermit.
I found an article on Janice for MB in the muppet Wiki :
Although Janice was not a regular character on Muppet Babies, she did make an appearance in one episode during the show's last season.
Technically, this younger version of Janice wasn't actually a baby. As a toddler (between 4-6 years old), she was bigger and older than the other Muppet Babies and could read.
Unlike her adult puppet counterpart, Baby Janice could open her eyes and had visible pupils. She also lacked her distinctive purple eye shadow. However, she still had her distinctive valley-girl personality as her adult counterpart did.
In the episode titled "Whose Tale Is It, Anyway?", it was revealed that Bean Bunny knew Janice from their day care center. When Bean wanted someone to be read his favorite story, "The Tale of Peter Cottontail," Janice said that she would do it, as she was the only one who could read. Piggy became jealous and pretended that she could read, even though she really couldn't, and the other babies entered the story-book world, re-enacting the different versions of the story. Ultimately, Piggy and Janice fought over the role of Mother Rabbit in the fantasy segments.
This episode was one of the handful of episodes that was not in regular rotation on Nickelodeon or the other syndication networks after the initial run of the show.
Here is Skeeter's article:
Skeeter is Scooter's tomboyish twin sister, an athletic young girl predominantly featured in Muppet Babies.
Unlike the other babies, Skeeter was created specifically for Muppet Babies in 1984. With Miss Piggy being the only major female character in The Muppet Show cast, Skeeter was introduced as another female figure. An athletic young girl, Skeeter balances Piggy's ultra-feminine role.
She is energetic, gutsy and spirited but, at times, can be a bit of a show-off. Skeeter and her brother Scooter would occasionally show signs of sibling rivalry in the nursery, with Skeeter often calling her brother a "nerd." While Skeeter often expressed interest in being an athlete or gymnast, her brother was more interested in computers and books.
Piggy and Skeeter would often fight for the feminine roles; examples of this behavior can be seen in the second season episode "Snow White and the Seven Muppets", wherein the two girls fight over the role of Snow White, and in the fourth season's "Masquerading Muppets", in which Skeeter becomes jealous that Piggy "always gets to be queen."
Like many female Muppets, Skeeter was performed by male actors. Howie Mandel voiced the character for the first two seasons of Muppet Babies, after which Frank Welker took over the role.
Skeeter never appeared in traditional puppet form, but she did appear as a photo puppet in the books Muppet Babies' Classic Children's Tales and Muppet Babies' Classic Nursery Rhymes. A large walk-around version of the character was created for the Jim Henson's Muppet Babies Live! stage show.
I have done a lot of research and never found why Skeeter isn't a muppet like the rest of them :frown: I will post if I ever find any info on it.