Simpsons Movie

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Personally, I think a futurama movie has more potential. :wink:
I would love to see this happen! I've heard rumblings of some kind of future Futurama project, and I'd love to see it become a reality. I really miss that show!

RubberDucky

Reaction score
hmmm...I don't know if I'd get too excited about the Simpsons movie yet guys. When i was working out there this summer one the post production people were telling me that the movie was something planned for IF and AFTER the regular show got cancelled. Personally I'd rather have the show stay on because #1) millions would miss it #2) the movie could be a disaster and then everyone's last taste of the Simpsons would be a bad one #3) I have a job offer waiting out there for when I graduate...so they can't cancel the show yet!! (i hope!) :stick_out_tongue:
I don't know, maybe the post people were wrong since I've heard a lot of buzz about this alleged movie recently. But then again...they do work at the source.... :confused:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
RubberDucky said:
I don't know, maybe the post people were wrong since I've heard a lot of buzz about this alleged movie recently. But then again...they do work at the source.... :confused:
Or, maybe things have changed since then. Maybe they decided that they want to do a movie while the show's still on the air. It worked for Beavis & Butthead and South Park.

RubberDucky

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Or, maybe things have changed since then. Maybe they decided that they want to do a movie while the show's still on the air. It worked for Beavis & Butthead and South Park.
True :smile: Beavis and Butthead turned out to be a decent movie, made even more fun by the fact my mom was so mad I went to see it in 6th grade :zany: I don't know if it worked out as well for South Park though. I love Parker and Stone's live action films, those are hilarious....but the semi-musical SP movie seemed like the point where they "jumped the shark" (for me anyway)

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
RubberDucky said:
True :smile: Beavis and Butthead turned out to be a decent movie, made even more fun by the fact my mom was so mad I went to see it in 6th grade :zany: I don't know if it worked out as well for South Park though. I love Parker and Stone's live action films, those are hilarious....but the semi-musical SP movie seemed like the point where they "jumped the shark" (for me anyway)
Really? I missed it in the theaters, but loved it on video. It helps that I am a huge fan of musicals, so the way that they were parodying musical conventions really cracked me up.

MopPuppet

Reaction score
Same old story...

I've heard that story for the last 5 years or so... Everytime it comes up again, I get excited, but always let down again. But, I hear that they are working on a "Family Guy" movie. Saw that on IMDB.com :smile:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
MopPuppet said:
I've heard that story for the last 5 years or so... Everytime it comes up again, I get excited, but always let down again. But, I hear that they are working on a "Family Guy" movie. Saw that on IMDB.com :smile:
There was an announcement yesterday that they are currently producing new Family Guy episodes, scheduled to air in 2005. The only thing they don't know is whether they will air on Fox first and then Cartoon Network, or go right to the Cartoon Network.

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
The simpsons movie will be ready 2008 or so they are thinking
It has to be after the show ends because the need all the anamators and writers and actors to be conctrating on it