Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There’s a Sesame clip on YouTube with Fisherman Jones. It talks about on, in, and under. A big fish eats his rowboat and Jones winds up on the fish’s back.
At the end he mutters under his breath, “rotten little fishy!”

When I was little, I thought he was mumbling, “Wanna ride on the fishy?” In which case, I was all for it. I thought I could go through the screen into the cartoon universe, hop on the fishy’s back, and we’d ride off into the sunset.
Giddyup!
Didn’t work out that way. Couldn’t get through the screen, Fisherman Jones takes off until he’s just a speck on the horizon, and we iris out.
And 4-year-old me is in tears, yelling at the tv, “Wait for me!!!!”
This is on UouTube. The clip, not me in 1972 having a meltdown). The last few seconds are cut off.

crackmaster

Reaction score
Saw a waiter at Olive Garden that looked like Louis from Left 4 Dead and shouted “Louis!”
That reminds me of when I saw Hayley Williams from Paramore at a Stewart's when I was 12. I believe it was actually her, because there was someone next to her that could've been security!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Cat Stevens wrote some amazing songs, my favorite being “Moon Shadow”. He gave up the music business to become a Muslim, but found his peace.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't remember if I ever posted this or not, but as a little kid watching A GOOFY MOVIE, I used to think that in the end, Goofy should've gotten together with Roxanne's dad.

And no, it had nothing to do with homosexuality - which I didn't even know was a thing at that age, it was just that in my little mind, it just seemed logical: Max was there and he finally got together with Roxanne . . . Goofy was there, but he didn't get together with anybody, so I figured the most logical thing was for him to get together with Roxanne's dad. Somehow, that just made sense to me.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
so do y'all remember A Celebration of Me Grover? It was my favorite Sesame Street VHS growing up. Throughout the video Mr Johnson is referred to as "Mr Blueman" and is even credited as "The fat blue customer", for the longest time I thought Mr Blueman was really his name

Any Del

Reaction score
Ah yeah I definitely enjoyed it when I was younger!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was a teenager when that came out (I had the DVD version), but considering I was actually going through something of a Grover kick at the time, I, too, really enjoyed it immensely; Grover was kind of long overdue for a "best of" home video release when you think about it, and I really liked the wrap-up framing device that he was being honored in the style of a celebrity roast (oops, I mean roost).

But for the longest time as a kid, I just called the character "Sir" simply because it was the only name I had ever heard him refered as - and again, by Grover. Very much like when it came to Ranger Smith from those old Yogi Bear cartoons, I actually thought his name was Mr. Ranger Sir, simply because that's the only name I ever heard him refered as, and by Yogi himself no less.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
All I really knew him as was Grover’s customer that often ends up fainting in the end.

Honestly though it always bugs me when a segment with Mr. Johnson doesn’t end with him fainting. It really should be mandatory that he faints in every appearance.

Any Del

Reaction score
I always felt sorry for Mr. Johnson for the crap he has to put up with Grover.