Sideshow Busts: Is That All?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Luke said:
Originally they were showing a fairly different Piggy, people really liked it a lot. Then they replaced it with the one that was actually produced. I think thats why people make comments about that Piggy bust.
I really didn't like the original one. It didn't look like the puppet. It looked like a drawing of the puppet to me. Especially the hair. I love the one that was produced. Palisades needs to get that sculptor to do a new figure.

rexcrk

Reaction score
CyberSteak said:
Which leads to the question...who would you have picked for the 20???
Talking about just The Muppet Show, these are the characters that I would have made into bust form:

1. Kermit
2. Fozzie
3. Rowlf
4. Gonzo
5. Scooter
6. Dr. Teeth
7. Floyd
8. Janice
9. Zoot
10. Animal
11. Lips
12. Statler
13. Waldorf
14. Bunsen
15. Beaker
16. Sam the Eagle
17. Swedish Chef
18. Crazy Harry
19. Lew Zealand
20. Marvin Suggs

Luke

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
I really didn't like the original one. It didn't look like the puppet. It looked like a drawing of the puppet to me. Especially the hair. I love the one that was produced. Palisades needs to get that sculptor to do a new figure.
Thats interesting. I remember Jamie raving about the original. I like both from what i can remember, a lot of the busts did look superior in likeness to certain of the Palisades figures but then stuff renders differently in different matierials i suppose. Never liked Palisades Piggy's - all snout and never brought out the actual character. The trick is to capture the character as well as the likeness. FM Piggy seemed to be nearly there. Maybe they could nail it with an extravagant MTI Benjamina !

WiGgY

Reaction score
MTI Piggy should be easier as long as they make a new sculpt. Why? Because instead of trying to combine different versions they should focus on that one version from the movie, I hope.

Marvin would have been a cool bust and I would take him over Link or Harry. That would have been an awsome choice. Lips I like as well. I'm really ****** off about there being no Floyd, especially now that I am buying a few.

I hate censors. I really really hate them. Especially when you can't even say POed

WiGgY

Reaction score
Marvin Suggs and his muppaphones. He hit the fur balls to make music. He is in series 8 of the Plisades figures.

Wow, almost time for series 9!

Luke

Reaction score
Series 9 won't hit till November probably. They'll space it out because of S10 not appearing as scheduled.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I thought it was still on schedule for October. I can't wait until November. I want those Lips figures.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I have Janice, Rowlf, Miss Piggy, Crazy Hary, and BEAUREGARD!!!

Having stumbled across this thread today, I figured I'd leave my two cents. Why NOT have BEau? Sure, Floyd would be nice, but Floyd has been done before....it is incredably rare to have a Beauregard anything! So I must confess, I am loving it!!! He even comes with a plunger marked, "Go with da flo" I could not ask for a more perfect piece of Muppet Merchadice.