Shows you hate but love?

Zoot the Saxer

Reaction score
Definitely Adventure Time. All I can say is that I hate it, yet love it. The end.

Nick22

Reaction score
Keeping Up With the Kardashians is my guilty pleasure. I used to hate it so bad, and then I sat down and watched a marathon and got hooked.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's why Adventure Time is such an amazing show. On the surface, it looks like a nerdy, quirky goofy little show...

but then the episodes get intensely dark. Like why the Ice King is the Ice King. And the episode where the gender confused Cookie commits suicide because he can't be a princess (ending with him in a mental institution). Not to mention all the fridge horror the show implies. This cute little show about sentient candy and rainbow unicorns is basically a post apocalyptic wasteland that happened after the "mushroom war," which got its name from mushroom cloud, basically straight out saying the Earth was destroyed by a nuclear holocaust.

Adventure Time! Come for the cute quirkiness, stay for the horrifying implications. :excited:

mo

Reaction score
I like adventure time because of the simple character design against the more complexed detailed background. It's the kind of style I like :3

mr3urious

Reaction score
Adventure Time also has a highly expansive universe, which are the kinds of shows I like.

Zoot the Saxer

Reaction score
Ooh, yeah. Sometimes it's just plain creepy, like in the episode where Ice King steals the princesses' body parts... :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know... and would you believe there's an entire portion of AT internet fans that antagonize Finn and Jake for wanting to get those body parts back? It's a horrifying and depressing episode. These AT writers must love watching The Twilight Zone.