Shows you hate but love?

mo

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie...I do enjoy watching honey boo boo, but it's more guilty pleasure...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, not Drtooth, ME.

And I'm not gonna maim Mo... I'm gonna IMPALE her!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yep. People that watch reality shows ironically or as a guilty pleasure are feeding the beast just as much as people who would watch it seriously. It completely creates a Frankenstein's monster, and those who don't want to watch it have to deal with it.

Still, there is one thing that I like about people that watch stuff like that. Makes me feel a LOT better about the several times I watched MLP. Though I am trying very hard to distance myself from that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only reality series I actually sit down and watch is BILLY THE EXTERMINATOR, and even then, it's not really so much of a reality series as much as it is an unintentional comedy, because some of the jobs Billy and his family get themselves into always have some hilarious results.

I admit I did used to watch NANNY 911 and TRADING SPOUSES when they used to be on. Sorry Drtooth, those genuinely were guilty pleasures.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I sometimes wonder if Billy the Exterminator is actually meant to be a comedy :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sometimes I think if they replaced the actual pests with people in creepy-looking foam rubber suits, and added a laugh track, you'd have an instant Sid & Marty Krofft program.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh.... Much as I dislike those shows, they aren't half as morally bankrupt as making fun of a family of ugly, disgusting diabetics, and pushing a very negative stereotype.

You know you're a joke when Dr. Doofenshmirtz mocks you...

I wanted to like Last Comic Standing, but they kept voting off everyone I liked, and we got bland observational humor people winning. There was some very hairy short guy which some great self deprecating humor that I REALLY wanted to win. Somewhere between a Rodney Dangerfield/Sam Kinison/Steven Wright/Bobcat Goldthwait type. Then of course, I liked the episode where the judges were Norm and Cliff from Cheers, and they completely rolled their eyes at some avaunt guard SNL-esque comedy skit about... I don't remember what it was.

Then of course there was the episode about the Japanese comedian who's entire completely lost in translation gag was how Americans carry guns.

Actually, it was something I rather liked. Just sucked the guys I like kept losing.

Reactions: mo

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
What kind of traditional way?
The way Muppet fans are used to, and worst for the little dears watching he makes the song literal instead of the deep message by having Mr. Williams step through a rainbow....that's not what the song is really about!

mo

Reaction score
Yep. People that watch reality shows ironically or as a guilty pleasure are feeding the beast just as much as people who would watch it seriously. It completely creates a Frankenstein's monster, and those who don't want to watch it have to deal with it.
I knew I shouldn't have posted that! It doesn't come on where I live. I just watch it online when I'm bored, but since I feel bad about watching it and making it stay on air I won't watch it as much.
And I'm not gonna maim Mo... I'm gonna IMPALE her!
aww I just got impaled yesterday, you can impale me on friday, deal?