Shortened Muppet Show intro

DMHFan

Reaction score
So about 2-3 years ago or so, I found a recording of the Mac Davis episode of The Muppet Show from 1980 on Internet Archive. While watching it, I noticed that, in addition to the UK Spot being removed (the recording was from an American television network), the cold open was removed and the opening theme was shortened! I have the latter on my YouTube channel, and here's a link to it:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
So about 2-3 years ago or so, I found a recording of the Mac Davis episode of The Muppet Show from 1980 on Internet Archive. While watching it, I noticed that, in addition to the UK Spot being removed (the recording was from an American television network), the cold open was removed and the opening theme was shortened! I have the latter on my YouTube channel, and here's a link to it:

Wow! And I thought the season 4 intro was short.

DMHFan

Reaction score
Wow! And I thought the season 4 intro was short.
This one starts from when the curtain opens to reveal the arches, and removes the females' and males' verses, Statler and Waldorf's verse, and the interlude with Animal, Trumpet Girl, and Lips.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And it doesn't say what network it was? My guess would be Odyssey, I hear they cut a lot for time.

DMHFan

Reaction score
And it doesn't say what network it was? My guess would be Odyssey, I hear they cut a lot for time.
I think it would be one of the networks that aired the show during its original run.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
that's very interesting, i'd rather have the opening cut then bits from the show but still not a fan of when they remove parts of a show to make room for more ads.

David French

Reaction score
I'd say that it's more likely that whoever posted the clip *intentionally* edited the video to remove those sections.

DMHFan

Reaction score
I'd say that it's more likely that whoever posted the clip *intentionally* edited the video to remove those sections.
The original uploader is pannoni4. The shortened opening in his recording might have been done by the network.