Shooting puppetry with a live animal

crazy chris

Reaction score
great stuff!

reminds me of those demo reels when frank and jim went out into the english country side to prove the muppets could work in real light for the muppet movie!

cc

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
As part of one of his documentaries, Muley interviewed a real snake. Both of us are afraid of them! It was fun, though, and it worked humorously.

You have a fun video!

What I have always found to be a true test isn't so much live animals, but live people on the whim!

Melonpool

Reaction score
We took some video of our Italian Greyhound and a Rowlf puppet once -- it quickly turned from an interview into what looks like a mauling -- or at least a make-out session gone bad. :wink:

twasbrillig12

Reaction score
While not shooting the animal exactly, I left my puppets on the floor and my rabbit decided to chew down on some ribbon and sequins. Later while puppeteering next to my desk, he tried to climb up my leg to get at the puppet on my arm.

They always say, don't work with children or animals, but they're the most fun, right?

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
I had something like that when filming with one of my rabbits. I had to get her to sit still for like three minutes and she kept walking away.:frown: I wound up getting her to stay by putting a carrot and a whole pile of treats!:smile:
While not shooting the animal exactly, I left my puppets on the floor and my rabbit decided to chew down on some ribbon and sequins. Later while puppeteering next to my desk, he tried to climb up my leg to get at the puppet on my arm.

They always say, don't work with children or animals, but they're the most fun, right?

dwmckim

Reaction score
What I have always found to be a true test isn't so much live animals, but live people on the whim!
Well those ARE the wildest, most unpredictable kinds of animal, aren't they?

With all the talk of how bunnies react to puppets, i'd live to see what would happen when you mix a live bunny rabbit with an Animal puppet?