Shipping Puppets

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I've never really shipped puppets that needed to stay pristine before. They usually are just furry monsters, etc.

The ones I'm doing now have wigs with hairstyles that need to not get messed up in the shipping process. Clothing that I'd rather not have shift, etc.

Any suggestions?

Jinx

Reaction score
A hair net is often a good idea to keep hairstyles from shifting inordinately...

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I should ship them in curlers & trust the people on the receiving end to fluff it up the right way...Maybe with detailed instructions. If you got a puppet in the mail, would you be like "dude, I didn't want to have to do the hair"?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The curlers are a good idea. You could also use a hair net (as Jinx suggested) and carefully wrap the head inside a clear plastic bag.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
oh the bags are a great idea. When my grandmother would get her hair done (back in the day when you'd go to the beauty parlor once a week & get your hair set), she'd sleep with her head wrapped in a pillowcase so it wouldn't get messed up.

So here's what I'm thinking....imagine this like a giant lollipop that you have to lick away at the layers to get to the puppety goodness inside...
Box, packing peanuts, bubble wrap, plastic bag, tissue, curlers, puppet. Maybe a helmet & knee pads for good measure.

I wonder if securing the puppet to a piece of cardboard all Mattel-style would do anything...

DumbAscii

Reaction score
I wonder if securing the puppet to a piece of cardboard all Mattel-style would do anything...
Just make sure you use about twice as many ties as you really need, and twist them all so tight you need bolt cutters to get them loose.. a la Mattel style!

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Just make sure you use about twice as many ties as you really need, and twist them all so tight you need bolt cutters to get them loose.. a la Mattel style!

Oh! And then I could put it in one of those awful plastic packages that's 18x the size of the object that you cut yourself on if you attempt to get it out! This could be fun.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Also, you might consider placing a magic spell over the contents of said packaging. And barb wire. Barb wire's good.

:stick_out_tongue:

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I thought about hiring a ninja, but ninjas are so expensive these days...and in this economy....