Shadows of the Dark Crystal & Song of the Dark Crystal

Mystic Master

Reaction score
Has anyone read "Shadows of the Dark Crystal" (2016) & "Song of the Dark Crystal" (2017)? They have become must haves for my Summer reading this year and last. I've enjoyed them thus far, including the few pages of illustrations to add to the vivid descriptions in the books. The DC movie was amazing, but these add detail about Thra, that the movie didn't cover, which I appreciate.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Has anyone read "Shadows of the Dark Crystal" (2016) & "Song of the Dark Crystal" (2017)? They have become must haves for my Summer reading this year and last. I've enjoyed them thus far, including the few pages of illustrations to add to the vivid descriptions in the books. The DC movie was amazing, but these add detail about Thra, that the movie didn't cover, which I appreciate.
I've read 'Shadows' but am waiting until the end of my uni trimester to read 'Songs' so I can actually relax and enjoy it. :big_grin:

'Shadows' was actually a pretty solid read. I loved learning more about Gelfling society, the Skeksis and Thra in general. Naia's a strong protagonist and it'll be interesting to see what she'll have to face in 'Song'.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I wont spoil anything, but the story takes some interesting turns and we learn more about various locations on Thra, which I enjoyed. I finished it tonight - I was reading after dinner until the sun went down, and had to light candles to be able to finish the book while I was outside! The last several chapters convinced me to finish it today. :excited:

Mystic Master

Reaction score
Surprised there hasn't been more chatter in this thread since I've been here last. This was a nice series of novels - I completed Flames (#4) before starting the Netflix series, and these are great companion pieces, though they're clearly different than the show. Love the extra depth in the books, a significant deal of which isn't even mentioned in the series. I actually went to Barnes & Noble the day Flames was released and rushed home to start reading!

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I've been meaning to get a hold of these, they look super interesting