Sexy Muppet

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by GorgonHeap in the Ask Ken at Palisades thread
Scarecroe-

Most of the jokes in the At the Dance for the album were never on the Muppet Show, including the one with Fozzie. Only the chicken joke was on The Muppet Show (Lou Rawls). So in answer to your question, it's just a voice, that clip was never on the show.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
Ah yes, I see what you mean. So I went back to your list of when she appears and took this from the Vincent Price episode:

At the Dance clip - MP3, 8 seconds, 131KB

I know it's Jerry on the vampire, but that's him on Sexy Muppet also, isn't it? It would make sense as the At the Dance sketches were often done with two puppets stuck together by one puppeteer.

Joggy

Reaction score
Yes, Jerry occasionally did that sexy girl. But mostly it was Eren Ozker's voice. Often because she was dancing with Rowlf, and Jim couldn't do female voices.

For some reason they also did that to Animal's dancing partners, even though Frank had his Piggy voice.

Ryan

Reaction score
Joggy..

The "Sexy Girl" and Rowlf's dance partner are not the same Muppet. While "Sexy" looks more lifelike, Rowlf's girl looks much more cartoonish, but they both have the same hair color.

Joggy

Reaction score
Oh yes, there's that girl too. Well, Rowlf actually danced with both!

The girl you refer to was more often taken by Animal though :big_grin:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: Joggy..

Originally posted by Scooter
The "Sexy Girl" and Rowlf's dance partner are not the same Muppet.
Hey, you're right!

Take a look at the comparison I've done with screenshots and audio samples:

Sexy Muppet - give the page an extra second to load as the 2 sound files are 383KB combined and they preload with the page.

(Okay, now I'm pathetic)

Where's GogonHeap, we gotta tell him!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
No Scarecroe

No Scarecroe, I think Scooter was referring to Rowlf's dance partner from the EARLY first season (Jim Nabors, Florence Henderson, Harvey Korman episodes). She danced with Animal in the Paul Williams, Charles Aznavour, Sandy Duncan, Avery Schreiber, Valerie Harper, and Mummenschanz episodes (there may be more, but I can't recall offhand), Boppity in the Lena Horne episode, Droop in the Candice Bergen episode. She was also Wanda's 'rival' in Wayne & Wanda's rendition of "I'll Know" from the Ben Vereen episode. This puppet does look more cartoonish whereas the other one looks more realistic.

I'm pretty sure the screenshots you posted are of the same puppet. As to her hair color, note the color of the scenes themselves- they were lit differently. They may have switched the eyes at some point. Don't know about the lip.

Okay, I could be wrong, but I think even if they're different puppets that they're supposed to be the same character (i.e. you had to post screenshots to tell them apart). They rebuilt and redesigned puppets in the first season- Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Sam the Eagle, and Boppity all got make-overs, some of which take a discerning eye to... uh... discern.

Anyone else care to comment on whether these are the same puppet or not?

BTW, I noticed you have a list of the TMS taping dates I posted on the forum. You've also got no links to your files & features that you've posted here. Any link additions coming soon?

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: No Scarecroe

Originally posted by GorgonHeap
.....Scooter was referring to Rowlf's dance partner from the EARLY first season. She danced with Animal in the ..... Mummenschanz episode
Yes okay, I see what you mean. In fact, I know the cartoony one you speak of. She was dancing with Animal JUST before that screenshot I took from the Mummenschanz episode. I'd take a screenshot of her but I'm not on that computer right now.
I'm pretty sure the screenshots you posted are of the same puppet.
I'd have to say you're right. We're all on the same page now.
BTW, I noticed you have a list of the TMS taping dates I posted on the forum.
You mean at muppet.scarecroe.com? It's been so long since I made that page that I'd forgotten where I'd taken all the info from. I knew some of it came from the forums, some from Henson.com and prolly some other places. It's not meant to be a public reference site, just something I made for myself to reference when I was on the road somewhere and wanted info quickly.
You've also got no links to your files & features that you've posted here. Any link additions coming soon?
Not sure what you mean here. What files and features do I not have links to?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Files & features

Well, you had a section called 'files', as in scarecroe.com/files but when I type that in I get nothing, unless I type in files/sexymuppet, in other words I have to know the file names first. And you posted the comparison pics of Sexy Muppet (who I'm beginning to think was in fact retooled during the season). That part of the site wasn't accessible from the home page; I had to know it ahead of time with the link you provided on the forum (which is not on the site, that's my point). Have you got any other such features on the site?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Dave

Hey ,
They remade Boppity again, Alot of the remade Muppets show up in Mopatops Shop.

He doesnt look too good, I think he looked best like he is in my Avatar !

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Scot + Dave

Hey Guys,
i think the other one you mean is the short blonde haired Muppet with red lips and Janice style eyes ?
She normally wore a pink jumper with a high neck.

Is that her ?

thanks