Sesame Workshop looking for Diverse Puppeteers to Join Puppeteering Workshop in 2018

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, they've been doing a couple more of these workshops since the 2014 one, just not made open to the public like these have. It's possible if you know the right people, you can make your way into something.

rtgentry

Reaction score
Well I didn’t see a message either way. So I guess I didn’t make a cut either.

rtgentry

Reaction score
Did you receive a letter saying you didn’t make it?

Didn't get in, but my audition video did get around 20 views. That definitely says it was looked at multiple times. Hey, I'm on the right track!

Alas, cuts had to be made to reach the limit of attendees. Maybe I'll get into the next one, which I'd imagine will be about four or so years down the road. Plenty of time to keep practicing!

CrUnChO76

Reaction score
Yes, I got this today.
Did not get in. :/

"Thank you for submitting a video for the 2018 Sesame Puppeteer Workshop. There was a record number of submissions, and selecting participants for the workshop was a very difficult task. While we found your video enjoyable, we cannot offer you a slot in the puppeteer workshop at this time.

We encourage you to keep developing and working on your skills. Precise lip sync, bold characters, and ability to perform with a standard monitor (not a reverse scan or mirror image that many computers display) are some of the things we look for when searching for new puppeteers and we hope that you will continue working on all of these puppeteering techniques.

Continue to be creative and may we wish you success for the future.

Sincerely,

Matt Vogel, Puppet Captain

Martin P. Robinson, Assistant Puppet Captain"

Oh well, maybe next time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I honestly don't know of anyone who got accepted this time. I've seen on Facebook just last night so many others who are disappointed (and even hurt) that they got rejected.

As I said, I didn't submit a demo again this time, mainly because I was under the impression they were specifically looking for more ethnic performers (JHC had a similar workshop a few years ago, specifically looking for ethnic male performers, and females of all races), and being the very white guy that I am, I didn't feel this was an opportunity for me.

But anymore, they seem to have such workshops every couple of years or so, so maybe next time?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yes, I got this today.
Did not get in. :/

"Thank you for submitting a video for the 2018 Sesame Puppeteer Workshop. There was a record number of submissions, and selecting participants for the workshop was a very difficult task. While we found your video enjoyable, we cannot offer you a slot in the puppeteer workshop at this time.

We encourage you to keep developing and working on your skills. Precise lip sync, bold characters, and ability to perform with a standard monitor (not a reverse scan or mirror image that many computers display) are some of the things we look for when searching for new puppeteers and we hope that you will continue working on all of these puppeteering techniques.

Continue to be creative and may we wish you success for the future.

Sincerely,

Matt Vogel, Puppet Captain

Martin P. Robinson, Assistant Puppet Captain"

Oh well, maybe next time.
Yeah, got the same email. Though on his Facebook page, Matt Vogel alluded to another workshop down the road for some of the people that didn't make it in. Not that that's a guarantee of anything, but you never know.