Sesame Workshop Launches "Sesame Studios"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Basically a web exclusive series of clips to supplement Sesame Street. Just..without all your favorite characters:

That slug thingy looks...unnatural. Like one of those Zula Patrol guys with slightly better animation.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So it's basically the 2009 version of "The Electric Company" without any actual plot.

zucca

Reaction score
Is this the "spinoff" we've been hearing about?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Is this the "spinoff" we've been hearing about?
No. This is a web-based thing only.

Seems neat. I take as its completely own thing, despite the Sesame connection in the name. Same like Square One or 3-2-1 Contact: same company as Sesame, but not related at all.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It does seem like it's supposed to be its own thing, but they really tie in Sesame Street hard. I understand why. It needs that name recognition to really take off. But I can't help shake the fact that the intended audience is going to be wondering just where the heck Elmo and Big Bird are in this and why they get some Sluggy looking thing instead. It seems that thematically it looks like segments that could have been on Sesame Street. As in the films and song inserts that don't feature recurring characters from the show. I'd guess that they probably were but, due to the shorter running time of the new seasons, they actually had some of these commissioned but had no where to drop them into the show.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Sesame Studios was completely unexpected, I don't understand the need for it. But it's more content from Sesame Workshop so that's good.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yep, that's Eric. Since Grover and Oscar are the characters that were used I wonder if Eric was the only puppeteer there, if so I hope Bert appears.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's one of the first new clips. I don't think it's made for me.

Clearly, this is for little kids, so I'm not going to say any further about it. Though it really looks like if it was on the show I'd also feel pretty ambivalent about it.