"Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary Celebration" special to air November 9 on HBO and November 17 on PBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Considering both have aired specials and important episodes (a la Julia's introduction) on the same day, I'm sure this is the case again.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It also wouldn't make any sense that they'd only be allowed to air a 50th anniversary special months after the occasion was relevant.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
is this special airing on both channels at the same time or does HBO get it first and PBS get it much later (the 9 month deal)?
I’m hoping for an exception to the rule considering it’s the 50th anniversary of Sesame Street that we’re dealing with.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I’m hoping for an exception to the rule considering it’s the 50th anniversary of Sesame Street that we’re dealing with.
well, like everyone else said if the can air at the same time for things like Julia's debut then I am positive that the will make an exception for the 50th anniversary

Oscarfan

Reaction score
SW's press statements have said the special will air on both HBO and PBS; I see no reason to doubt otherwise.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
well, like everyone else said if the can air at the same time for things like Julia's debut then I am positive that the will make an exception for the 50th anniversary
In the last three years, there has been a Julia-focused episode that's aired on PBS around the same time as the original HBO premier, unlike the other new episodes. I wonder if she'll be the focus of the special.

Status
Not open for further replies.