Sesame Street wrap party 1986

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That short scene with Ernie at the end of that special Put Down the Duckie has been seen in some documentaries (I think it's in The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson), I wondered where it came from (and was sure that it wasn't for the planned behind the scenes documentary).

I don't quite get why Jim Henson asks "where's Frank Oz when he's needed?" Can't figure out why he was needed for this (aside from wanting the full cast and crew and performers to do the song). The recording cuts off there, I wonder if that was meant to introduce Frank giving a speech or something.

Kevin Clash had confirmed that he performed Ernie's right hand there, and I had been confused by this, as that part of the special video was not included with it in the end credits for Street Gang.

I would have thought that special version of the song with the cast and crew singing Put Down the Duckie was after the celebrity version had premiered, as opposed to in 1986, when the song premiered. I know the song was always intended to have celebrities, but it makes me wonder if they did that with other songs at the wrap parties.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I love the adult version of People in Your Neighborhood. Great performances from Kevin, Pam, and Marty. The person who uploaded these also posted raw footage of some of the celebrities doing their part of Put Down the Duckie:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was surprised to see that some of those celebrity taping dates are from 1986. I would have expected those to have been in 1987 or 1988, closer to season 19. Even the shot of the cast singing a line for the end credits of Sesame Street Special was dated 1986 (and listed on the tape slate as "cast insert", I wonder if that was considered for the main celebrity version to air as part of the show as opposed to just the end credits).