Sesame Street Special "The Monster at the End of This Story"

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Special - The Monster at the End of This Story
HBO Max Premiere: Thursday October 29, 2020
PBS Premiere: Monday March 7, 2022

This Thursday, don't miss an all-new half-hour animated Sesame Street special on HBO Max. "The Monster at the End of This Story" will premiere on Thursday October 29 exclusively on the HBO Max streaming service.

Grover is the star of his very own story! But oh no! There’s a monster at the end of the story! So, Grover does everything he can to stop the show and avoid the monster, but nothing works! With help from his friends, Grover learns it’s okay to feel afraid. By the end, he’s ready to meet the monster – only to discover that the monster is Furry, Lovable, and Brave – Grover!

An animated short based on the special was released on September 22 on YouTube.

About HBO Max

Subscriptions are also available for $14.99 monthly. If you already have HBO or an AT&T service (internet, tv or cell phone), you may have access to HBO Max already in your existing plan. Find out on the HBO Max website or in your AT&T account.

You can also sign up for a free trial of HBO Max at the link below.

If you saw "The Monster at the End of This Story", please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I thought it was cute. Abby's presence was a little perfunctory since she's not a monster and contributed nothing.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I do not have HBO Max, but I have to ask: HOW MANY CHARACTERS Were in this special ?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Just Grover, Elmo, Abby, Rosita, Cookie and Oscar.
Kind of surprised they did not bring in the BIG BIRD into this as it would have been interesting to see him animated like that.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Considering Elmo was in a good majority of the special, I think you did.