Sesame Street Seasons 30-34

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Well, interestingly, I was able to transfer a few Sesame VHS tapes (Monster Hits, Zoe's Dance Moves, and I'm Glad I'm Me) to DVDs about 7 years ago...didn't have a copyright problem. Tapes from Jim Henson Video, on the other hand, no go.
Weird. I remember My Sesame Street Home Video: Play-Along Games and Songs used to scramble when the blank Betamax tape was inserted on a dual Betamax VCR Machine. When I copy it from Betamax to DVD on the Betamax/DVD recorder combo, It stops the recording and I get an error message that reads "Recording Error!: This program is not allowed to be recorded!"

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
It depends on the DVD Recorder.

Over ten years ago, I had a DVD Recorder that could copy copyright-protected tapes and such, however the machine would automatically distort the picture as a result: for instance, after the transfer, the copied video would look like a 240p YouTube video, not to mention the top third of the picture would have a yellowish tint (if some of you are able to remember waaaay back when I first started uploading YouTube videos in 2007 and 2008 before reuploading many of them).

My current DVD Recorder (a Sanyo, which was previously Magnavox), it really depends on the tape: some tapes can be copied, others can't. On the plus side, however, tapes that can be copied can be up-converted to 1080p: it's not perfect, and it enhances artifacts and imperfections, but the quality distortion is minimal.
Stranges, My DVD Recorder just stops the recording and I remember my old Panasonic Betamax/DVD Recorder combo would read "Writing Information on disc. Please wait!" Then it reads "Cannot Record! Recording Copyrighted Content is Prohibited!"

Fozzieboba

Reaction score
Yeah. They should do the same with the classic episodes and clips.

Fozzieboba

Reaction score
Meanwhile, I heard Any Del has access to Oscarfan's episode tapes, can he give me the link to his (and Any's) too?