Sesame Street Season 53 Episode 5317 - Just Right

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5317 - Just Right
HBO Max Premiere: Thursday, February 23, 2023
PBS Premiere: Monday, January 15, 2024

When James says Mia can’t play Goldilocks because she doesn’t look like her, Mia stands up for herself and James learns that the best part of acting out a story is that you can be anyone you want to be.

This episode features an all-new street story, Celebrating Me, Celebrating You, Celebrating Us ("Playing Dress Up"), Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Cinnamon"), and Elmo's World ("Dress Up").

If you saw "Just Right" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I love how this episode (almost) feels like a (gentle) jab at the people complaining about Halle Bailey playing Ariel in the new Little Mermaid.

(I put those words in parentheses because, well, it’s Sesame Street, not South Park.)

CrashMon24

Reaction score
I liked this episode finally an episode that doesn’t focus on Elmo. Elmo is good but I wanna see other characters shine

fragglevision

Reaction score
I love how this episode (almost) feels like a (gentle) jab at the people complaining about Halle Bailey playing Ariel in the new Little Mermaid.

(I put those words in parentheses because, well, it’s Sesame Street, not South Park.)
Or Chris Pratt being cast as Mario despite not being the right type (physically or vocally) to play Mario. Really, there's so much of this out there that that episode can apply to any of it.
Also (and I don't want to elaborate too much lest this become a full-on comment war) I feel the main problem with The Little Mermaid remake isn't Bailey's casting, it's the fact that it exists in the first place.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Just Right" premieres on PBS this Monday, January 15. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 53 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.