Sesame Street Season 53 Episode 5313 - Nani Bird Visits

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5313 - Nani Bird Visits
HBO Max Premiere: Thursday, January 26, 2023
PBS Premiere: Monday, November 27, 2023

Big Bird’s aunt, Nani Bird, is visiting Sesame Street from Hawaii, and shares special things about Hawaiian culture with Elmo, Abby, and Nina, including how to say “aloha,” make paper flower leis, and hula dance.

This episode features an all-new street story, Celebrating Me, Celebrating You, Celebrating Us ("Performing a Hula"), Amanda Gorman writes a friendship poem, Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Mustard"), and a new Elmo & Tango's Mysterious Mysteries ("Missing Something").

If you saw "Nani Bird Visits" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Great to have a character created for Sesame Beginnings make an appearance on Sesame Street itself. Plus it's great to expand Big Bird's family besides his Granny Bird.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
So THAT explains where Nani Bird is from in Big Bird's :wisdom: family.

CrashMon24

Reaction score
This Has To Be One Of My Favorite Big Bird Episodes The Song Was Cute and The Hula Was Neat

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Nani Bird Visits" premieres on PBS this Monday, November 27. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 53 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
This Has To Be One Of My Favorite Big Bird Episodes The Song Was Cute and The Hula Was Neat
It's interesting to find that BB has a relative from Hawaii when it has been stated that Snuffleupaguses were also from Hawaii. I know this was filmed during the pandemic when Marty and Byrant couldn't both be in the Snuffleupagus costume, but you'd think there'd be some mention of Snuffy in this episode, maybe noting that Hawaiin birds and Snuffleupaguses could have been friends years before Big Bird meant Snuffy. I know I may be overthinking this one but just something I thought of while watching.