Sesame Street Season 52 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Well, we finally got (slightly) more information about Season 52, in the form of this trailer:

Unfortunately, it looks like another season 51. Disappointing, but not surprising.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They're still using that robot as if he actually serves some kind of purpose?

And this isn't a "Max Original," as SS has existed as a series long before HBO Max, HBO, streaming, pay TV, or any of that stuff were even things, and, as we all know, it's a Sesame Workshop production, not an HBO production.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They're still using that robot as if he actually serves some kind of purpose?
Well, they want Marty around, but don't feel like using Telly anymore, so they gotta give him something.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Found the press kit:
A few thoughts:
  • Billie Eilish on SST? Really?
  • Looks like we’ll be seeing a few new appearances by the Count, including one with the aforementioned Eilish.
  • I can hardly wait to see the episodes filmed on location. That’s probably the one thing I miss about Murray has a Little Lamb.
  • Glad I’m not the only one noticing slight similarities between this new Elmo segment and the Scooby-Doo franchise.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Billie Eilish on SST? Really?
So we could get Pentatonix then and Billie Eilish now, but how come we couldn't ever get Lindsey Stirling before she faded back into obscurity? I would've loved to see her dancing around the street while playing her violin.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Obscurity? She still gets millions of hits on YouTube and has an upcoming tour.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen or heard any new content from her, let alone much buzz about her on the internet in general. 🤷‍♂️

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Woah is this the first time in almost 30 years that we are getting some upcoming episodes on location ?

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Exactly 30 years. Season 52 premieres on the 30th anniversary of the season 23 premiere.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They shot a little bit of the season 50 premiere street story out on an NYC street, but that's pretty much it.

Status
Not open for further replies.