Sesame Street Season 52 Episode 5228 - Chickens on the Farm

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5228 - Chickens on the Farm
HBO Max Premiere: Thursday, May 19, 2022
PBS Premiere: Monday, April 3, 2023

Big Bird is visiting his friend, Lottie, at the farm. Lottie is having trouble laying an egg in the nesting box because it isn’t comfy and cozy. What if they use hay? Let’s try!

This episode features an all-new street story, I Wonder, What If, Let’s Try ("Making a Nesting Box"), Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Zucchini"), Elmo sings "Elmo's Ducks", and a new Elmo & Tango's Mysterious Mysteries ("Lost Egg").

If you saw "Chickens on the Farm" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked that the chicken in the cold open was named Jennifer after her performer Jen Barnhart.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Chickens on the Farm" premieres on PBS this Monday, April 3. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 52 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Wow! I thought we'd get more comments here, but I guess (11 months after the original airdate) I'll start. I liked seeing a Big Bird centered episode. (This may be the first I've seen him do an IWWILT.) It's weird that I still can't get used to Matt's Big Bird voice though even though he's been doing it for decades even when Carroll was still performing him regularly. Maybe because this was the first in a while that Matt's BB had a larger role on the show. It just sounds like more of a sad BB voice rather than the happy, cheerful one that Carrol gave him. But oh well, like I said before you kind of have to live with the recasts. It's just BB and Zoe are kind of the most noticeable.

Also it seems like the characters go back and forth visiting the farm. Now Elmo's home and it's Big Bird's turn. Still waiting to see when we'll see Snuffy on the farm. 😀