Sesame Street Season 52 Episode 5212 - Astro Team Alpha

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5212 - Astro Team Alpha
HBO Max Premiere: Thursday, January 27, 2022
PBS Premiere: Monday, November 21, 2022

Elmo, Abby, and Cookie Monster are playing a space game, driving rovers back to the rocket ship before it blasts off, but then Cookie gets stuck in a crater. What if they push a pile of dirt to make a ramp? Let’s try!

This episode features an all-new street story, I Wonder, What If, Let’s Try ("Building a Moon Bridge"), Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Astronauts"), and Elmo the Musical ("Pizza the Musical").

If you saw "Astro Team Alpha" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I wonder if this was inspired by the popularity of Among Us (space-themed online co-op game) during the pandemic.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It was fun to see Cookie's kitchen (David Rudman's kitchen) again. The songs in the plot were catchy.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I wonder if this was inspired by the popularity of Among Us (space-themed online co-op game) during the pandemic.
If it were, it’s a good thing they didn’t make it too similar to the real Among Us. Otherwise, we might have seen Elmo kill Cookie Monster.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Nice guest star appearance by Mae Jamison in the episode, even though it was a vocal guest star appearance.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Astro Team Alpha" premieres on PBS this Monday, November 21. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 52 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It was fun to see Cookie's kitchen (David Rudman's kitchen) again. The songs in the plot were catchy.
Oh, so I guess Dave was puppeteering Cookie at this point since his appearance was by video. Interesting.

If it were, it’s a good thing they didn’t make it too similar to the real Among Us. Otherwise, we might have seen Elmo kill Cookie Monster.
Not the best line of thinking, CoolGuy. After seeing the trailer for "Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey," the last thing we want is that kind of violence on "Sesame Street." :smile:

Last edited: