Sesame Street Season 52 Episode 5209 - Hike Pirates

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5209 - Hike Pirates
HBO Max Premiere: Thursday, January 6, 2022
PBS Premiere: Monday, November 7, 2022

Abby, Rudy, and Freddy are going on a hike. Rudy says he’s tired and wants to go home. To make their hike more fun, Freddy shows Abby and Rudy a map they can follow to find the hidden treasure left by hike pirates.

This episode features an all-new street story, I Wonder, What If, Let’s Try ("Packing Snacks"), Naomi Osaka shows how to use sunscreen, a new Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Watermelon"), and a new Elmo & Tango's Mysterious Mysteries ("Missing Ball").

If you saw "Hike Pirates" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
A few thoughts:
  • Interesting how the episode’s setup featured a virtual meeting from Elmo.
  • It sounds like Marty played Freddy in this episode.
  • I found it fitting this episode premiered on a day I took a trip somewhere natural (those country roads took me home).
  • The image from the press kit kinda spoiled what the “treasure” was, but seeing a real “Hike Pirate” was a nice surprise.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I just asked Matt on Twitter if Marty is Freddy from now on. We haven't seen David play Freddy since 2018, so maybe he is. It's always nice to see Muppets in the real world. I liked Tango and Ziggy stopping Cookie from eating the ball in Mysterious Mysteries.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Hike Pirates" premieres on PBS this Monday, November 7. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 52 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I thought Freddy sounded different than before. Though if he was recast, I can't help but wonder why since Dave is still around to do Cookie Monster.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I thought Freddy sounded different than before. Though if he was recast, I can't help but wonder why since Dave is still around to do Cookie Monster.
This was filmed during COVID, and Dave was stuck in Chicago at the time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, okay, gotcha. I guess the inserts with CM were filmed separately then.