Sesame Street Season 51 Episode 5134 - Cinderella's Clockworks

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5134 - Cinderella's Clockworks
HBO Max Premiere: Thursday July 1, 2021
PBS Premiere: Monday March 28, 2022

Cinderella’s clock is broken but she needs to tell time for the ball! She, Nina, Abby, and Rudy wonder what tool they can use to tighten its loose nut. What if they tape the wrench and cotton swab together? Let’s try!

This episode features an all-new street story, I Wonder, What If, Let’s Try ("Playing Cars"), a new Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Olive Oil"), and a new Elmo's World ("Machines").

If you saw "Cinderella's Clockworks" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

TimzUneeverse

Reaction score
It's nice to see that Cinderella came back to Sesame Street in a while.

Honestly, if this existed in the world of fictional Sesame episodes, this would've been a different street story, running under the original 1-hour magazine format, with one or no Elmo-centric segments.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm assuming this is the last new street story of the season. Stephanie again steals the show with her Cinderella performance. And what was up with that "I love machines" running..."gag"?

Another season of "meh." I don't know how the producers/creatives looked at the last few seasons and said, "You know what there's not enough of? Elmo." Ryan has really made the character his own now and he seems to be doing that by making "talk show Elmo" the norm on the show and also sometimes making him a parody of himself, like when he dials the sweetness to 11 when talking to Oscar (I suspect it's a lot of Ryan acting up to try and bring some life to the blah material).

It's a shame so many of the other characters go sidelined so bad this season, especially the older ones. Like, this is the first season in ages where Oscar didn't get a storyline around him; he just made short cameos. Poor Marty, getting table scraps for his characters. And no Prairie at all. When is Sesame gonna stop giving Stephanie the short end of the stick with recurring characters? It seems like they felt one short appearance in an episode was enough for most characters and that was it.

In conclusion, I hope I don't have to hear the phrase "I wonder, what if, let's try" ever again in my lifetime.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I gave up on reviewing this season about halfway through. Not just because I have therapy on Thursdays now, but because I genuinely got bored of saying the same things about every episode of the season.

I even had special plans for the Billy Porter episode, but his segment was just so blah I paid it no mind.

If I ever feel like reviewing again, I’m going back to the HBO era. I’ve got plenty of jokes planned for those reviews. But for now, I’m focusing my writings on Harrisverse.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked the set for when Nina, Abby and Rudy were inside the clock. The idea that Cinderella has people that solve problems for her was funny to me. The new Foodie Truck segment was fun, especially Gonger getting disgusted at Cookie using olive oil on his feet.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Cinderella's Clockworks" premieres on PBS this Monday March 28. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 51 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.