Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Probably won't happen, but wouldn't it be awesome if the pledge-drive anniversary special spotlighted the best of Sesame Street's previous pledge drive specials (which would probably be limited, but I think Big Bird's Birthday has plenty of original footage)?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Given how today’s the day of the 50th anniversary road trip: Did anyone go to the New York one?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Apparently, and correct me if i'm wrong, the actual characters weren't there. Just walk arounds. I'm pretty disappointed, but admittedly, I did have this suspicion.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was kind of hoping that the particular cast members who were doing the convention tour for Season 50 (Caroll, Steve, Alan, Roscoe, Emilio, Bob, and Alison) would return to my town again this year, since the annual Knoxville Fanboy Expo (the summer one anyway) is now a little over a month away, but it doesn't look like that will be the case. It's not a total loss though; I'm glad I got to meet them when I did (well, Alison was a no-show, for whatever reason), and sometimes there's a second con in the fall, not sure if there will be this year - there wasn't last year because their fall cons apparently have fewer and fewer turn-outs.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Apparently, and correct me if i'm wrong, the actual characters weren't there. Just walk arounds. I'm pretty disappointed, but admittedly, I did have this suspicion.
So they were probably the ones you would see at Sesame Place.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I wonder if the Season 50 premiere will feature the number 50 as a sponsor? I mean, the Season 40 premiere in 2009 did have the number 40 as a sponsor, as per Muppet Wiki.

Strangely enough, the Season 30 premiere never had the number 30 as a sponsor, unless I missed something. And Season 20 in 1989 did start using numbers outside the range of 2 to 12, featuring numbers zero and one, and higher numbers up to 20, yet the Season 20 premiere never had the number 20 as a sponsor.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
At first I wondered if Sesame Workshop would be spoiling us with 50th anniversary content, as they had been doing a lot of that several weeks in a row (with special YouTube compilations, mash-ups, and several video images in one), then they went back to the usual Throwback Thursday of a classic clip, but then they started Sesame Rewind. When the second Rewind clip came two weeks after the first I wondered if they'd go online every two weeks, but this week they did a regular classic clip upload.

With the usual Throwback Thursdays I'd usually prefer they be something rare that we hadn't seen (usually it's stuff that Sesame Workshop had made available online through other sites, or stuff that fans had uploaded but in better quality), but with the "Rewind" clips I am actually hoping most of them are mainstream stuff with a lot of availability, so we can still see the clips without the pop-up facts if we want to (I wonder if fans would be bothered if, say, they released episode 847 in the "Rewind" format when we still don't have access to the full street scenes at all).

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Yeah, in all honesty I often feel like they miss several opportunities to post something rare in honor of TBT (if you want examples, let me know). I really feel like this year is the opportunity for them to upload as many rare clips as possible. As far as posting clips we've seen loads of times goes...as long as it's something popular and well-known amongst fans, or if it's one of their most important moments, I'd be willing to let it slide. But as usual, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to see lots of rare goodies as possible before the year ends.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, in all honesty I often feel like they miss several opportunities to post something rare in honor of TBT (if you want examples, let me know). I really feel like this year is the opportunity for them to upload as many rare clips as possible. As far as posting clips we've seen loads of times goes...as long as it's something popular and well-known amongst fans, or if it's one of their most important moments, I'd be willing to let it slide. But as usual, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to see lots of rare goodies as possible before the year ends.
Okay, I'd like examples.

Of course yesterday's clip was the adults meeting Snuffy, that's an important enough clip to showcase. Hmm, I wonder if they would do the Rewind format on street stories or complete episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.