1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by mbmfrog, Jun 20, 2018.

1. BertFan

BertFan Well-Known Member

Its only been a few years actually :super:

2. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Well they barely use him so it’s just been so long

3. BertFan

I think they should bring back some more classic character like Guy Smiley for instance [​IMG]

Blue Frackle likes this.
  4. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

They've still done 2.0 in season 48, although they are all repeats. Or were you referring to regular Super Grover?

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

They bring back Guy Smiley occasionally. More recently, he introduced a video tribute to Caroll Spinney in the style of This is Your Life on YouTube.

6. MuppetSpot

I was referring to regular Super Grover.

7. BertFan

I am aware of that

8. BertFan

The last time they used the original Super Grover was probably in the 2000's

9. MuppetSpot

They usually use him like once a season type deal but, not as much.

10. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Super Grover was the focal point of an episode just last season ("M is for Missing"). Oh how soon we forget.

sesamemuppetfan likes this.
  11. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Well-Known Member

If that occurs then I would be heartbroken as I grew up on Telly's various interactions with Oscar as a kid.

Telly represents the nervous one on the show and it always up to others to calm him down a bit. His pogostick and triangle love was always a fun thing to see when the focus is one him.

Elmo maybe popular, but Telly represents the emotions of nervous in us all.

12. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You said so yourself, the episodes haven't been too memorable as of late - particularly this season.

13. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I dunno. That one was kinda funny.

14. BertFan

I rarely watch new Episodes so I didn't know that one existed till now

15. Buff Beaker

Buff Beaker Well-Known Member

Is super grover 2.0 still a thing?

16. Buff Beaker

Buff Beaker Well-Known Member

Could frank oz, fran brill, steve whitmire, kevin clash, or joey mazzarino return one last time for the 50th anniversary?

cahuenga likes this.
  17. MuppetSpot

I know Steve Whitmire is doing a con with some of the cast. I know Joey wouldn’t want to come back due to stuff regarding changes in season 46z

18. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

At this point, we'll just have to wait and see. Though as MuppetSpot pointed out, I wouldn't bet on Joey coming back, and it has been confirmed that Steve will be participating in a con with some of the cast.

19. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Nice to see that Steve is being involved with the Sesame cast in some way.

cahuenga likes this.
  20. BertFan

Kevin clash will most likely not be going because the incident that happened in 2012.