Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5034 - Fourth of July Celebration

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They don’t seem to care about using street scenes with the old set.
Prior to Season 46, it wasn't that big of a deal, because any changes and differences to the set weren't as drastic and glaring as they have been since Season 46. I was incredibly nitpicky, even as a kid, and I can just imagine if I was still a kid watching these seasons, I'd be flipping out over why Hooper's Store keeps switching back and forth between having a striped vinyl awning with a slick metal facade and blue paneling, and having a neon sign, green exterior, and checkered tile; or why there's a two-story brick brownstone in the arbor in some episodes, and a sweeping view of a bridge in others; or why these doors around Big Bird's nest keep disappearing and reappearing.

I also sometimes can't help but wonder if any of this even disorients or distracts kids watching today.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I would say that part of the changes were made so the central characters would each have a recognizable "home base" (i.e. Abby in the garden, Elmo's room, etc.). So they want kids to remember these places and then switching to older footage might been a little confusing.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Just because they don’t seem to care doesn’t mean we don’t.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Why does Abby keep slipping into a southern drawl?
I think Leslie is just a generally excitable person, so she doesn't care about Abby's voice being consistent. In the ToughPigs Cabin Fever interview with her, she says she thinks of Abby as being a cross between Gracie Allen, Daffy Duck and Barney Fife.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Fourth of July Celebration" premieres on PBS this Monday March 29. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's exactly what I was thinking. You'd think they'd save that one for closer to July. I guess they wanted to finish off this season quickly because I know PBS will probably do the annual Julia episode that they always air early for Autism Awareness month.

Bruh.
How many times are they gonna rerun that Oops Whoops Aha song in this season?? This has gotta be like the fifth time! Why not just alternate it with Power of Yet?
Yeah. I know what you mean. It's annoying when they're so redundant and repetitive.

• Leaving Cookie Monster in charge of watching over the cake seemed like a very subtle nod to Big Bird's Birthday.
Again, exactly what I was thinking. I guess great minds think alike. (Don't tell my girlfriend I said that though. She thinks thinking alike is our thing. Lol.) But at least CM controlled himself better that time. Rather than devouring all of Sesame Street, this time he just ate half the cake. He's getting better. Maybe in a few years from now he'll be able to stay away from the cake altogether.

:smile::embarrassed::concern:Maybe in a few years from now he'll be able to stay away from the cake.

Last edited: