Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5034 - Fourth of July Celebration

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5034 - Fourth of July Celebration
HBO Premiere: Saturday July 4, 2020
PBS Premiere: Monday March 29, 2021

There's a Fourth of July celebration on Sesame Street. Elmo, Abby, and Rudy try to find a birthday present for America. Alan explains that the Fourth of July is really a day for family, friends and neighbors to come together. He then comes up with the idea of doing something kind for their neighbors. So together, they pick up trash and plant in the garden. It's the perfect present for America.

This episode features an all-new street story. a new Big Bird's Road Trip (Tulsa, Oklahoma), Maren Morris sings “Oops! Whoops! Wait, Ah-ha!”, Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Eggs") and Elmo's World ("Celebrations").

If you saw "Fourth of July Celebration" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Bruh.
How many times are they gonna rerun that Oops Whoops Aha song in this season?? This has gotta be like the fifth time! Why not just alternate it with Power of Yet?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Another mess of a story. At least it was nice to see Telly and Baby Bear in the chorus; they've been much more AWOL this season than the last few.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Prairie Dawn has also been noticeably absent this season. Hopefully she doesn't fade back into obscurity.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's so many things wrong with this episode. . . .
  • The show started a couple of minutes late again.
  • It wasn't in HD again.
  • Why are Count and Rosita still pushing the census when that was months ago?
  • Why does Abby keep slipping into a southern drawl?
  • Why, why, why didn't they watch the fireworks up on the roof of 123? That would have made more sense, and they really should have made that their gathering spot. Sorry, but this is an epic fail.
  • What is with their obsession with "Oops Woops Wait A-ha"? Seriously!
There were three positive things I'll note about this one:
  • Leaving Cookie Monster in charge of watching over the cake seemed like a very subtle nod to Big Bird's Birthday.
  • The song actually wasn't half bad this time.
  • A nice assortment of Muppets, even if many of them were relegated to silent background cameos.
Speaking of cameos, was I imagining things, or did I spy Stacie Gordon at the party next to Jen Barnhart?

Also, since next week's episode is a repeat not worth watching, I'm going to consider this the true Season 50 finale.

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I bet the person who complained about the overkill of the number 4 sponsor this season is not going to be happy. As I expected, this was the likely the sixth time the number 4 was used as a sponsor this season.

Looks like my prediction of "H" being the letter of the day is right on the money.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I bet the person who complained about the overkill of the number 4 sponsor this season is not going to be happy. As I expected, this was the likely the sixth time the number 4 was used as a sponsor this season.

Looks like my prediction of "H" being the letter of the day is right on the money.
You bet I’m not happy! But congratulations for correctly predicting the sponsors.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The cold open with Grover saying that his festive getup was what he wears on Thursdays and then laughing implys that he was joking, so it's nice to see a bit where Grover just being quirky isn't the joke. I liked the song in the street story. I like the Maren Morris song, it's one of the few catchy songs we've had all season, but playing it two episodes in a row is kinda overkill.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been surprised to hear that some of the episodes this season did not air in high definition. I thought basically everything was shot in high definition these days, why present it only in standard definition (and is it difficult to convert to standard definition if it was shot in HD?).

I can't believe that Oops song has aired so many times this season. They could have put in This is My Street (and that was announced for one of the episodes that ended up with this song instead), or I Remember, or maybe a song from farther back. Do they still air segments from the early days of HD on Sesame Street? I'd say with 4 as the sponsor, air the Feist 1234 song, unless they're avoiding segments that show how the street set used to look.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I can't believe that Oops song has aired so many times this season. They could have put in This is My Street (and that was announced for one of the episodes that ended up with this song instead), or I Remember, or maybe a song from farther back. Do they still air segments from the early days of HD on Sesame Street? I'd say with 4 as the sponsor, air the Feist 1234 song, unless they're avoiding segments that show how the street set used to look.
They don’t seem to care about using street scenes with the old set.
And in last week’s episode, they used possibly the first HD number segment.
So neither point is something they have a problem with. They must just really like the “Oops, Whoops, Aha!” song (even though it isn’t that good lol).