Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5027 - Welcome Baby Chicks

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5027 - Welcome Baby Chicks
HBO Premiere: Saturday May 16, 2020
PBS Premiere: Monday February 8, 2021

Elmo, Abby, Bert, and Ernie have to be patient and wait for baby chicks to hatch. By singing and making arts and crafts together, they learn that time can fly when you're having fun.

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Big Bird's Road Trip (Little Rock, Arkansas), Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Eggs") and a new Elmo's World ("Chickens").

If you saw "Welcome Baby Chicks" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Kinda disappointing that this is the most we'll see of E&B this season, it looks like.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually liked the street story - it didn't necessarily feel like another one of those "random things happening" plots, it actually had a little bit of structure, and even felt like the kind of street story we'd see in the mid-2000s.

Weird. The street story was okay, but the rest of the episode was interlaced again, especially the Foodie Truck segment and the Little Chicks animation.

Also, I have literally never seen green or pink eggs that weren't colored for Easter; and the only naturally blue eggs I've ever seen are robin eggs.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I really liked the Pigs in Space reference that Elmo and Abby made. I also like the idea that Bert likes waiting, very fitting. The song Chris, Elmo, Abby and Ernie sang was catchy. This line from Ernie after Bert got covered in feathers made me laugh: "Chris, one of the chicks hatched." There were some good puns in the new EW: "Time for me to fly the coop. You crack Elmo up."

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Welcome Baby Chicks" premieres on PBS this Monday February 8. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.