Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5026 - Back to Nature

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5026 - Back to Nature
HBO Premiere: Saturday May 9, 2020
PBS Premiere: Monday February 1, 2021

Abby and Rudy want to bring nature inside Hooper's so Chris can feel like he's outside. Abby uses her mom's magic wand but makes a mistake and fills Hooper's with too many animals and plants. Abby apologizes for using her mom's wand without permission and together, with her mom, she learns how to fix her mistake without using magic.

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Big Bird's Road Trip (Portland, Maine), Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Cactus") and Elmo's World ("Gardens").

If you saw "Back to Nature" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I suppose. Always interesting to actually see Abby's mom in Muppet form, and it's become rather clear that Mr. Johnson is Chris's regular customer. Abby and Rudy's attempts to bring nature into Hooper's Store for Chris were amusing at best.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well they're not doing sketches anymore and they want to keep using Mr. Johnson, I guess, so they have to work him into a new context in order to keep him around.

Anywho, so Abby's mom, the responsible parent, her idea to solve the problem is to...do the bare minimum and leave the majority of the mess behind. (I get what they were going for, but it didn't work).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
also, two more thoughts:

-really haven't seen the Foodie Truck bits this season, have we? There hasn't even been a new one so far. Seeing how much they push the segment in merch, it doesn't strike me as they're phasing it out.

-they really couldn't have picked a worse time to air this, TBH.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I like how just like Abby calls her stepdad Daddy Freddy, Rudy calls his stepmom Mommy Maggie. The rap song was random. I liked Mr. Johnson getting scared by the skunk.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
-really haven't seen the Foodie Truck bits this season, have we? There hasn't even been a new one so far. Seeing how much they push the segment in merch, it doesn't strike me as they're phasing it out.
According to Pam on Puppet Tears, the last week of filming season 51 was reserved for filming new Foodie Truck segments. However, they postponed it because of the current pandemic.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I haven't finished that interview, but I heard that tidbit. Doesn't quite explain why they didn't shoot any for this season (or why they've pretty much only been showing Abby's Amazing Adventures instead).

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Back to Nature" premieres on PBS this Monday February 1. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
and it's become rather clear that Mr. Johnson is Chris's regular customer.
Well, of course he is. Don't be ridiculous. :smile: He had to stop going to Charlie's some time.

"I don't know why I keep coming here."

Anywho, so Abby's mom, the responsible parent, her idea to solve the problem is to...do the bare minimum and leave the majority of the mess behind. (I get what they were going for, but it didn't work).
Yeah. I was also surprised by the fact that left that mess in Hooper's. I was really hoping they'd show that cleaned out by the end.

Good to see Abby's mom though. I haven't really followed "Amazing Adventures" so that was the first I saw her on the show. Maybe they're making Abby's family like a Muppet version of "The Brady Bunch." Just some food for thought there.