Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5024 - Dog Day Engineers

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5024 - Dog Day Engineers
HBO Premiere: Saturday April 25, 2020
PBS Premiere: Monday January 18, 2021

Zoe and Rosita help Nina dog sit but their arms get tired after continuously throwing the balls. They don't give up and keep thinking of a way to solve this problem. They figure out how to design a bike-powered ball-throwing machine they can pedal using their feet. They are two real engineers.

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Big Bird's Road Trip (Birmingham, Alabama), Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Rollercoaster Engineers") and Elmo the Musical ("Repair Monster the Musical").

If you saw "Dog Day Engineers" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I know they've done recycled scripts in the past, but the "Rocking Rollie" episode was only three years or so ago. Why not just repeat the episode instead of shooting a new thing to the same script?

Interesting that they kept the continuity of Zoe's broken arm; didn't expect that. Maybe it'll be like that the rest of the season?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This certainly was a rip-off of Rocking Rollie, down to Zoe speaking gibberish, and Nina fixing a leak and water getting caused by something else once the leak was fixed. Are Ken Scarbough's writing team running out of ideas already?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This isn't anything new under the sun. Back in the mid-2000s, a chicken mistaking Rocco for an egg and trying to hatch it was becoming a once-a-season thing.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I mean, sure they recycled plots a lot over the years, but now we live in an age of streaming when kids can watch whatever episodes they want, whenever they want. Seems like you would need to shake things up a bit more.

The fact that this season is keeping continuity, to a certain extent, is interesting though.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I know they've done recycled scripts in the past, but the "Rocking Rollie" episode was only three years or so ago. Why not just repeat the episode instead of shooting a new thing to the same script?

Interesting that they kept the continuity of Zoe's broken arm; didn't expect that. Maybe it'll be like that the rest of the season?
Wouldn't that also be a nod to the Telly's Cast storyline arc from the early 90's ?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Dog Day Engineers" premieres on PBS this Monday January 18. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah. I was thinking that too. Nice that they're starting to keep continuity. Reminds me of the old days when they did a longer story arc with Luis's arm in a cast.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Yeah. I was thinking that too. Nice that they're starting to keep continuity. Reminds me of the old days when they did a longer story arc with Luis's arm in a cast.
Do forget that Telly’s arm was in a cast for a few episodes as well.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Do forget that Telly’s arm was in a cast for a few episodes as well.
Yeah. I didn't watch the show as much in the 90s when that happened, but I do remember reading that on Wikipedia.

Then there was the situation in season 40 when Big Bird had his wing in a sling, but unfortunately that was only a one episode deal.