Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5023 - Zoe Breaks Her Arm

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5023 - Zoe Breaks Her Arm
HBO Premiere: Saturday April 18, 2020
PBS Premiere: Monday December 14, 2020

Zoe sets off at a running start for her ballet jump but she slips and breaks her arm. When Zoey returns from the doctor, she still wants to play but she can't find anything fun to do. Charlie, Rosita, and Elmo come up with the idea of changing the words to the song "If You're Happy and You Know It," so Zoe can be part of it too, even with a broken arm. (Guest: Misty Copeland).

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Big Bird's Road Trip (Red Lodge, Montana), Misty Copeland teaches about dance, a new Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Robot Builders") and Elmo's World ("Skin").

If you saw "Zoe Breaks Her Arm" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another one of those episodes I'm sure Shane would describe as being rather bland and forgettable.

Jen's Zoe is still gradually improving, I will say. And I feel like the two monkeys who threw their banana peels on the sidewalk were meant to be subtle nods to Joey and Davey (at least one of them was clearly performed by David). The cold open/teaser with Rudy freaking out over his elbow being missing because his arm was straightened was amusing, though.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
I was audibly upset at how the accident unfolded. I liked the monkeys, and then when they threw the banana peels, I'm like "Crap, I have to hate them now." It could've also been further prevented if Alan didn't have to monologue to the viewer about littering. Sheesh.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, I really like Alan and all, he's a really nice guy, and he's been a great addition to the show, but he needs better direction. I agree about the monologue, that was actually rather cringeworthy to watch.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So Zoe now only wears her tutu while doing ballet? Makes sense. I liked the 2 monkeys played by David and Stephanie. I liked the bit with Misty Copeland and Elmo, especially Elmo flying in the air.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Zoe Breaks Her Arm" premieres on PBS this Monday December 14. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Another one of those episodes I'm sure Shane would describe as being rather bland and forgettable.

Jen's Zoe is still gradually improving, I will say. And I feel like the two monkeys who threw their banana peels on the sidewalk were meant to be subtle nods to Joey and Davey (at least one of them was clearly performed by David). The cold open/teaser with Rudy freaking out over his elbow being missing because his arm was straightened was amusing, though.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. I guess because Joey is no longer with the show, they couldn't use the same monkeys. Glad Dave's still around to work one of them.