Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5020 - Neighborhood Safari

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5020 - Neighborhood Safari
HBO Premiere: Saturday March 28, 2020
PBS Premiere: Monday November 30, 2020

Grover takes Elmo and friends on a Sesame Street Safari and they pretend to be all of the wild animals they see.

This episode features a street story from Season 46, a new Big Bird's Road Trip (Gatlinburg, Tennessee), Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Veterinarians") and a new Elmo's World ("Elephants").

If you saw "Neighborhood Safari" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Really the one noteworthy thing was the new intro with Ernie, Bert and Horatio (played by Tyler).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It'd be cool if Big Bird actually did come to Gatlinburg, which is a hop, skip, and a jump from where I live.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Thank you so much to Shane for identifying who played Horatio in the opening. If Tyler can do that voice so well, I don't know why he didn't become Murray after Joey left.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Thank you so much to Shane for identifying who played Horatio in the opening. If Tyler can do that voice so well, I don't know why he didn't become Murray after Joey left.
Like it’s been said before according to Matt Vogel no one was going to replace Murray because it was such a Joey character.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Murray also has no place anymore, as I'm sure I've said. Joey didn't want him on the street, and they're not doing any format pieces with characters that aren't Elmo, Abby or Cookie.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Murray also has no place anymore, as I'm sure I've said. Joey didn't want him on the street, and they're not doing any format pieces with characters that aren't Elmo, Abby or Cookie.
Legit the only time Murray was used on the street was during the Texas Telly episode. Joey even admitted he wasn’t proud that Murray was in the episode, he said he would prefer to use another character.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Neighborhood Safari" premieres on PBS this Monday November 30. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I was wondering who played Horatio too. About Murray, recall they had the decision not to recast him, though it would be cool if Ty did Murray for a cameo like maybe in an anniversary special or something.