Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5018 - What Floats Rocco's Boat

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5018 - What Floats Rocco's Boat
HBO Premiere: Saturday March 14, 2020
PBS Premiere: Monday November 16, 2020

Elmo and Zoe try to figure out how to make Rocco the rock float. Leela helps them experiment with different materials until they design the perfect vessel.

This episode features a street story from Season 42, a new Big Bird's Road Trip (Cocoa Beach, Florida), a new Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Sailors") and Elmo the Musical ("Sea Captain the Musical").

If you saw "What Floats Rocco's Boat" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Ah, a small pittance of Ernie and Bert. Thank you m'lords.

(And man, these ETM bits are really butchered to heck and back.)

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It wasn't on today.
You must have watched at the wrong time because of Daylight Savings. The stuff with Ernie, Bert and Rosita was fun. I liked how since Abby and Rudy made a boat out of pillows, Basket had a soft place to land.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"What Floats Rocco's Boat" premieres on PBS this Monday November 16. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I keep missing the cold openings because I never get my TV turned on in time. (I have to work super early and I can't wake up on time.) Plus these things aren't even on the PBS kids website which doesn't even work for me anyway. In the immortal words of Salem Saberhagen: (sob)(sob)(sob)(sob)

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Maybe I can recreate the experience for you.
:stick_out_tongue:: Ahoy there! We’re pretending that we’re sailing around Sesame Street in a boat.
Rosita: Yeah. Bert is the captain, so he has a steering wheel.
:frown:: Oh, actually, it’s called the helm. And Rosita has the sail, that’s what moves the boat.
:stick_out_tongue:: And I got this here telescope so I can look out for things. Oh, say Bert, look out for that big wave!
:frown:: Wave? What big wave Ernie? We’re on the…
(Wave somehow splashes Bert.)
:frown:: Street.
:stick_out_tongue:: Stick around!
Rosita: Were gonna See a lot about boats today on…
:frown:: Sesame Street. (groans)
:stick_out_tongue:: (laughs)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Maybe I can recreate the experience for you.
:stick_out_tongue:: Ahoy there! We’re pretending that we’re sailing around Sesame Street in a boat.
Rosita: Yeah. Bert is the captain, so he has a steering wheel.
:frown:: Oh, actually, it’s called the helm. And Rosita has the sail, that’s what moves the boat.
:stick_out_tongue:: And I got this here telescope so I can look out for things. Oh, say Bert, look out for that big wave!
:frown:: Wave? What big wave Ernie? We’re on the…
(Wave somehow splashes Bert.)
:frown:: Street.
:stick_out_tongue:: Stick around!
Rosita: Were gonna See a lot about boats today on…
:frown:: Sesame Street. (groans)
:stick_out_tongue:: (laughs)
Okay. Thanks, CoolGuy. I could probably use that for some other season 50 episodes. That scene makes the closing scene make much more sense. :smile:

Maybe they need transcripts of SS at Muppet Wiki like they have for "The Muppet Show."

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Well, I guess they want to use Pete's Ernie as much as possible. After all, that's why he was recast. ;-)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I notice a lot of the street scenes in repeat episodes are butchered as well. That's the problem with the show's half hour format. Not enough time to show everything.