Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5015 - There's a New Count in Town

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5015 - There's a New Count in Town
HBO Premiere: Saturday February 22, 2020
PBS Premiere: Monday November 2, 2020

Charlie is counting everything on Sesame Street so the Count decides to leave, thinking he's not needed anymore. But there's too much to count for Charlie on her own so she asks for the Count's help. Charlie explains that she loves to count but she could never take his place. The Count agrees to stay and he and Charlie continuing counting together.

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Big Bird's Road Trip (Valentine, Nebraska), Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Sheep Ranchers"), Counting to 50 by 10 with celebrity guests and Elmo's World ("Counting").

If you saw "There's a New Count in Town" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Boy, didn't think I'be saying this after what we've gotten so far but - I genuinely liked this one. The song wasn't half bad (though the counting bits ruined the flow), great acting from the Count, some funny lines ("steal your thunder...and lighting") and lots of characters around (like Gladys!). Like, it's a complete antithesis of last week's "eh, stuff kinda happens" street scene. This one had a clear beginning, middle, end, conflict, resolution, the works. More of this, please.

And it's weird that both the Count-centric stories from this HBO era have been about him having a crisis of identity, right?

The counting to 50 song was cute, though the celebrities felt a little intrusive.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, what is with all of those gears and such on that blue door by Big Bird's nest? And, am I imagining things, or do we have another new Grover puppet? He not only looks shaggier, but his head has a different shape, and his fingers aren't floppy anymore.

I got a kick out of actually drawing attention to the lightning after Count counts, but for the most part, yeah, they actually had a winner with this one.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
And, am I imagining things, or do we have another new Grover puppet?
I'm 90% sure it's the one they use in Germany, and I guess it wound up here while Sesamstrasse took a shooting break.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was very good. I liked the song the Count and Charlie sang. It was nice seeing Gladys. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not a fan of alternating the letter and number of the day songs. I think once they make a new song they should just stick with it. I would hate to think that the people who are in charge of SW now think that kids' memories are so low they won't notice the alternating songs. I liked Stephanie and Matt's performance of the number 50.

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I would hate to think that the people who are in charge of SW now think that kids' memories are so low they won't notice the alternating songs.
I doubt they have such rudimentary views on kids memories. The alternating songs is probably just to add some more variety. Personally, I wish they would add a few more songs!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I must say, this definitely has to be my favorite of the season so far.
It's the first one since the season premiere that actually seems like it had a story?? But yeah, both the song in the street scene and the counting song were super catchy! Also, I think this episode sold me a bit more on Charlie. She's adorable, ngl.
8/10 stars. Partly because it was enjoyable, and probably partly because my standards are low at this point. But also, it could've been a 9/10, but Telly didn't actually have any lines, so...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"There's a New Count in Town " premieres on PBS this Monday November 2. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.