Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5010 - Abby Poofs a Party

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5010 - Abby Poofs a Party
HBO Premiere: Saturday January 18, 2020
PBS Premiere: Thursday October 15, 2020

Leela and Chris are going to a party in the neighborhood so Abby helps Leela get dressed for the party even if she doesn't need it.

This episode features a street story from Season 41, a new Big Bird's Road Trip (Los Angeles, California), Smart Cookies ("Long Arm of the Bear Claw") and Elmo the Musical ("Superhero the Musical").

If you saw "Abby Poofs a Party" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Never saw this one when it first aired, but not much to complain about - it felt more like a traditional SS street story: it didn't feel really rushed for time or anything (and this is, assuming, they've trimmed it a little to fit it into a half-hour format), and it was generally fun seeing the different outfits Abby ended up conjuring up for Leela.

So Big Bird made it to California already? This is only the tenth episode of the season, we still have over 25 more to go; I thought the Road Trip was going to be a season-long thing.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So Big Bird made it to California already? This is only the tenth episode of the season, we still have over 25 more to go; I thought the Road Trip was going to be a season-long thing.
Well, he can't be in street stories if he's out of state!

These bits disappointed me. Too short and they seemed ineffective.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I like the concept of them, just don't really care for the execution for the reasons you mentioned. Big Bird's Video Postcards from Season 24 were handled much, much better, but then again, I suppose even back then, kids still didn't have incredibly short attention spans like they evidently do today. (Shrug)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Ideally, these should've been like four or five minutes, but that's several episodes with no Cookie/Abby format piece, so I guess the producers didn't want that.

But also, there wasn't much interesting about what they did with the kids. When they got to show off the unique things they do, that's cool. I don't see what's educational about whether they live in a house or apartment, since neither was elaborated upon, nor was really anything specific about the state they were visiting.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nina has been in several street stories this season ("The Great Sesame Street Cake-Off " and "A Recipe for Dance") even though she's also on the road trip with Big Bird. That lack of continuity has been disappointing, especially when the road trip segments air directly after each street story.

It will be interesting to see if the show addresses Big Bird and Nina coming back or if they just begin appearing on the street again without explanation.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I guess this is the last Big Bird's Road Trip segment since Big Bird finally made it to his cousin Little Bird. I thought the segments were fun while they lasted, nothing spectacular.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Abby Proofs a Party" premieres on PBS this Thursday October 15. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

These bits disappointed me. Too short and they seemed ineffective.
Okay, now I see where the question I previously asked was addressed before. I can elaborate more on this, but I have to get to work. I'll have to post here later.