Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5009 - Humpty Dumpty's Football Dream

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5009 - Humpty Dumpty's Football Dream
HBO Premiere: Saturday January 11, 2020
PBS Premiere: Monday October 12, 2020

When Humpty Dumpty decides to join the King's Horses & Men in their annual football game, Telly tries to come up with the right protective gear to keep the Humpty from cracking.

This episode features a street story from Season 42, a new Big Bird's Road Trip (Seattle, Washington), Thomas Rhett sings "This is My Street", Elmo, Rosita and Big Bird sing "The Monster on the Street", Elmo, Rosita and Abby sing "Five Fairy Ducks" and Elmo's World ("Nursery Rhymes").

If you saw "Humpty Dumpty's Football Dream" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Seeing the 50th anniversary anthem for the first time on the show was a nice surprise. I really like the music for the Monster on the Street. The Fairy Duck song is cute.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it was nice to see Thomas Rhett's "This is My Street" premiere on the show.

It was also surprising to see Thomas Rhett's song followed by two other song inserts before Elmo's World instead of the usual Abby's Amazing Adventures or Cookie's Foodie Truck. While I loved seeing these songs included, it would've flowed better if the run order was a celebrity song, a Muppet sketch and then a Muppet song. Also seeing Elmo and Rosita in both Muppet songs was a bit repetitive. All that being said, this change gave the middle portion of the show some room to breathe and some spontaneity that we've rarely see in the half-hour era since Season 46.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yes, it was nice to see Thomas Rhett's "This is My Street" premiere on the show.

It was also surprising to see Thomas Rhett's song followed by two other song inserts before Elmo's World instead of the usual Abby's Amazing Adventures or Cookie's Foodie Truck. While I loved seeing these songs included, it would've flowed better if the run order was a celebrity song, a Muppet sketch and then a Muppet song. Also seeing Elmo and Rosita in both Muppet songs was a bit repetitive. All that being said, this change gave the middle portion of the show some room to breathe and some spontaneity that we've rarely see in the half-hour era since Season 46.
I guess they didn't have any long-form bits that pertained to the theme of Nursery Rhymes. It also struck me as overcompensating for the fact that the street plot had none of the main characters in it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Humpty Dumpty's Football Dream" premieres on PBS this Monday October 12. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.