Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5005 - A Dog and a Song

Oscarfan

Reaction score
At first I thought the girl with Bert and Bart was supposed to be Bertha. A character the fans didn’t really know about until this past year. Would she have made an appearance of trusted soruces/rare episodes hadn’t made their way to Muppet Wiki?
No, she was just a one-time thing.

I feel like the design is based on Bert's cousin Bertina from the Great Adventures series:

Same hairstyle and voice. The CC doesn't give the names, unfortunately.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I guess this episode wasn't amazing. Maybe my expectations have been lowered over time, idk, but I really enjoyed this episode, not so much because of writing, but more so the character interaction/performers. I feel like the performers are just really comfortable in what they're doing and they're having fun, and that makes them fun to watch.
That being said, it does feel like the street story was missing a scene or two.

Also, what the heck is Chris' dancing? ****

The new version of Sing was nice. I believe this is the first time they've done the song on the actual show since 2005. Hopefully we get more classic songs this season.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
What is CC?
Closed Captioning.

Hopefully we get more classic songs this season.
I don't know why they didn't do a bunch of song remakes when the show jumped to HD. I can't see them doing too many now 'cause the format doesn't allow for a variety of stuff. I'd like to see some new versions of classic songs without celebrities, though.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Closed Captioning.

I don't know why they didn't do a bunch of song remakes when the show jumped to HD. I can't see them doing too many now 'cause the format doesn't allow for a variety of stuff. I'd like to see some new versions of classic songs without celebrities, though.
Thank you.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I emailed Stephanie asking who the girl in the cold open is and Shane is right! It's Bert's cousin Bertina.