Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5005 - A Dog and a Song

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5005 - A Dog and a Song
HBO Premiere: Saturday December 14, 2019
PBS Premiere: Monday September 28, 2020

When Elmo and Abby can't find a band for their friend Mick to sing in, they come up with the idea of making their own band. The music sounds just right for him. (Guest: Charlie Puth).

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Big Bird's Road Trip ("Chicago, Illinois"), Charlie Puth performs "Sing", Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Bananas") and Elmo's World ("Instruments").

If you saw "A Dog and a Song" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
According to my cable listings, the title of today's episode is "Mick and the Good Fit."

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's not much worth commenting on. This was like, what, just over seven minutes of story?

That new version of "Sing" wasn't so bad.

Who was the girl with Bert? A sister we don't know about? Bertina from the claymation shorts?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The way Gonger says banana always reminds me of this old video:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The cold open was a nice surprise. Great to see Bart and whoever the girl is. The song Abby, Elmo and Mick sang was catchy. The new version of Sing was pretty good. I liked Grover and Charlie adding examples of good things in the middle of singing. The dedication to Caroll after the credits was a surprise. I would have thought they would do that for the episode where he did his final performance.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Oh shoot, they did that? I tuned off by EW.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Same. And given how far in advance they shoot the seasons, I figured we probably wouldn't see any dedication to Caroll on the actual show until Season 52.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
At first I thought the girl with Bert and Bart was supposed to be Bertha. A character the fans didn’t really know about until this past year. Would she have made an appearance of trusted soruces/rare episodes hadn’t made their way to Muppet Wiki?

i don’t think it’s that big a surprise that they already gave us a dedication to Caroll (though I kind of thought it’d come at the end of the season). Most (all?) of the season may be complete, but I don’t think it’d take that much time to add a dedication to the final edit of the episode. The Simpson’s tends to always include dedications to people who have done voices on the show in the next episode after they died (and many of them are guest actors who weren’t actively involved with the show).