Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5004 - Getting Dressed, Not Stressed

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5004 - Getting Dressed, Not Stressed
HBO Premiere: Saturday December 7, 2019
PBS Premiere: Thursday September 24, 2020

Elmo wants to play with his friends in the snow but he gets frustrated when trying to get dressed. With help from his friend Jacket, Elmo remembers to take a deep breath and keep trying until he does it and gets dressed in his winter clothes.

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Big Bird's Road Trip ("Detroit, Michigan"), a new Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Fashion Designers") and a new Elmo's World ("Getting Dressed").

If you saw "Getting Dressed, Not Stressed" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Not the most eventful story, but lots of neat puppetry stuff going on there. And David Rudman's jacket did a Scooterfist!

Plus, I'm glad to see a little bit of a spotlight given to Baby Bear (even if that ending scene was super abrupt).

Not much else to comment on (except a number segment, how nice), except the Road Trip bit felt awkward because that's clearly not Matt in the puppet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow. What an incredibly disappointing episode. I guess snow on the street is still "too expensive," since literally the location we saw was the front of 123. And even so, the plot being more about Elmo not knowing how to dress as his talking jacket trying to guide him along? Snooze fest. I would have much prefered to see the Muppets engaging in actual snow day activities.

Yeah, it was nice to see Baby Bear again, but he sounds so tired.

The Road Trip segment was disappointing as well, it kind of felt rushed and thrown-together.

I suppose Abby's Amazing Adventures was interesting enough.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Seeing Baby Bear in the bookends was a nice surprise. I thought David's performance of the talking jacket was fun and I liked the song he and Elmo sang. My favorite part of the Road Trip bit was Big Bird asking if he could fit in the boys house. I liked hearing Leslie and Frankie voice the models in the Amazing Adventure bit.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
A cute episode. I love Rudy, and it's always nice to see Julia. I really liked David Rudman as the jacket. Idk what it is, but I find almost every character he plays really charming. The song was pretty catchy. And speaking of David, yay Baby Bear was in this! I was actually gonna skip the cold open until I realized he was there.

EDIT: Actually, now that i think about it, Elmo's jacket reminded me a lot of Baby Bear in some ways

Last edited:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Not the most eventful story, but lots of neat puppetry stuff going on there. And David Rudman's jacket did a Scooterfist!

Plus, I'm glad to see a little bit of a spotlight given to Baby Bear (even if that ending scene was super abrupt).

Not much else to comment on (except a number segment, how nice), except the Road Trip bit felt awkward because that's clearly not Matt in the puppet.
Yep. I definitely recognized that voice. Yes. I'm cheating. I'm watching season 50 eps before they come to PBS. I couldn't wait until September.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Getting Dressed, Not Stressed" premieres on PBS this Thursday September 24. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.