Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5003 - Pigs for Another Day

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5003 - Pigs for Another Day
HBO Premiere: Saturday November 30, 2019
PBS Premiere: Monday September 21, 2020

After the three little pigs catch a cold, Grover, Rosita, and Cookie Monster become "Pigs for a Day." They make a couple of mistakes, but they keep trying until they build the right-sized doghouse for Chris' friend.

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Big Bird's Road Trip ("Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania"), a new Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Engineers") and a new Elmo's World ("Building Things").

If you saw "Pigs for Another Day" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Despite some funny lines from Grover and a pretty fine song, that was a total mess, right? I can't fathom the writers/editors going over this stuff and saying, "Yes, this works!"

I liked that the Road Trip showed a little bit more of the local color; I hoped that's what they'd all be like.

Boy, that's a lot of Martians.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
The street scene was really, really average. And now that I think about it, made no sense at all.

Also, am I the only one who's not digging the Road Trip sequence? It just seems so forced and awkward.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was kind of hoping the Road Trip segments would play more like Big Bird's postcards from the early 90s, and while there are similarities, the Road Trip segments to feel a little simplistic in comparison . . . but at the same time, hey, at least we're getting some Big Bird involvement in each episode this season - that's something to be thankful for.

Speaking of which, I do believe that was Caroll's voice we heard from Oscar during the cold open, was it not?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Yeah, the street story wasn't anything special. I did like the song and Peter Linz' performance of the dog. I liked Big Bird step-dancing with the girl in the Road Trip segment. I thought the process of Abby and Rudy testing out their plans for the roller-coaster was interesting. They finally re-filmed the "Wait for it" portion of EW.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Despite some funny lines from Grover and a pretty fine song, that was a total mess, right? I can't fathom the writers/editors going over this stuff and saying, "Yes, this works!"

I liked that the Road Trip showed a little bit more of the local color; I hoped that's what they'd all be like.

Boy, that's a lot of Martians.
Interesting since I live in PA. I don't believe I've ever been to Pittsburgh though. I have been to the nearly Sibley Mansion in Franklin County.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
They finally re-filmed the "Wait for it" portion of EW.
Dairy! ("How I Met Your Mother" reference for those who may not get that.)

Speaking of which, I do believe that was Caroll's voice we heard from Oscar during the cold open, was it not?
I don't think so since Carroll's only recordings for season 50 were dubbed over. But I could be wrong. I was wrong once in 1987, so you never know.

Oh, okay. I checked Muppet Wiki. The cold opening was a repeat of season 47 or season 48 so maybe that was Carroll. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Pigs for Another Day" premieres on PBS this Monday September 21. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.