Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5002 - The Great Sesame Street Cake Off

What do you think of the new Big Bird's Road Trip segment?

• What a gift! The segment was great.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • That's cooperation! The segment was good.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Try, try again! The segment was so-so.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Everyone makes mistakes! The segment was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5002 - The Great Sesame Street Cake Off
HBO Premiere: Saturday November 23, 2019
PBS Premiere: Thursday September 17, 2020

Cookie Monster and Gonger team up against Grover and Alan in a competition to see who can bake the best birthday cake for Nina. Elmo and Rosita help the two teams work together, combining one team’s cake and the other team’s frosting to make the ultimate birthday treat. Guest: Michael Che.

This episode features an all-new street story, the premiere of Big Bird's Road Trip ("Washington, D.C."), a new Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Bakers") and Elmo's World ("Cooking").

If you saw "The Great Sesame Street Cake Off" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Meh. You'd think Grover / Cookie & Gonger as your stars would be a can't-miss premise, but nothing really came together (oh, the irony!). Michael Che was a little too...boring as well.

I had a suspicion that's how the Road Trip things were gonna work, but I was hoping they'd be long-form stuff like the Foodie Truck segments. I'm hoping maybe the next few will be a little more interesting.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I thought the street story was enjoyable enough. It was great having Gonger be involved in an episode for once. It is interesting that the Road Trip bits are so short that it allows for Foodie Truck and Amazing Adventures to be shown too. I thought the floating hands helping Abby and Rudy make pies was a cute idea.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
(Shrug) It was okay, I guess. I liked the resolution in the end where Elmo and Rosita decided rather than it be a competition, they work together to make Nina's birthday cake.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
A nice change of pace to have the usually hot-headed Gonger be patient with Cookie when he realizes how badly he messed up. Some other cool puppety observations include Gonger diving into the foodie truck (which I laughed at uproariously), and the spilt frosting landing on cue on the counter when Grover spills it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"The Great Sesame Street Cake Off" premieres on PBS this Thursday September 17. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I don't know. I kind of liked how they made "Monster Foodies" into a street story, not unlike the episode with Cookie World/Elmo's World.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I don't know. Seems like this post was from a while back. I kinda forgot what I was talking about there.