Sesame Street Season 49 Episode 4935 - Cookie Monster's Museum Mystery

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4935 - Cookie Monster's Museum Mystery
HBO Premiere: Saturday July 13, 2019

A brand-new museum has opened on Sesame Street - the Museum of Modern Cookie! Cookie Monster, Elmo and Chris are very excited to check it out. While walking around the museum, the paintings suddenly begin to disappear and the museum guards think Cookie Monster stole them. With Abby's help, Cookie Monster, Elmo and Chris catch who really was taking the cookie art.

This episode features a street story from a Season 45 special, a new Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Museum Curators") and Elmo's World ("Painting").

If you saw "Cookie Monster's Museum Mystery" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I mean, I guess it's remarkable that they were able to make a coherent (albiet rapidly-paced) story from a special while cutting it to a quarter of its original running time.

Overall, I'm not all impressed by this season. The whole "plan the play" theme isn't bad, but what it produced weren't really stories, just "things that happen." The ones starring Bert and Ernie were standouts, naturally. And, eh, I guess it's cool that Herry is doing stuff again (and Mumford). But with the shortened runtime, less segments and increased focus on Elmo, Cookie and Abby, I don't know if we need more characters edging out the ones barely getting screentime as it is (like E&B). Plus, not much music I liked this year either (aside from the too-often played Andy Grammer song and the new version of "I Love Trash"). Oh, and AAA was kinda meh (I would take Flying Fairy School over it any day).

Whelp, I guess it's time now to sit and wait for the anniversary special.

(oh, and the annual homebrew season album is coming soon-ish.)

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
To me it seemed that characters like Telly, Baby Bear, and by a lesser extent Zoe and Big Bird didn’t really have any standouts.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The cold open with Prairie and Cookie was funny. I liked how this time in Amazing Adventures, you saw more Sesame locations in the opening.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Although I was aware that The Cookie Thief had been broadcast during the shows regular hours on PBS, I hadn't realized that the special was also considered a regular episode of the show. And it is weird that they shortened a long story into under a half hour (it was cut into the usual ten minutes or whatever, right?).

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Cookie Monster's Museum Mystery" premieres on PBS this Monday April 13. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.