Sesame Street Season 49 Episode 4929 - Oscar Uncanned

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4929 - Oscar Uncanned
HBO Premiere: Saturday June 1, 2019

Someone has taken Oscar's trash can! With Abby and Rudy's help, Oscar finds out that it was a sanitation worker (Allison Williams) who took his trash can.

This episode features an all-new street story, Jack Antonoff sings "I Love Trash", Murry Has a Little Lamb ("Recycling Center") and Elmo's World ("Recycling").

If you saw "Oscar Uncanned" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That wasn't too bad; they aren't really any bad Oscar-related stories. Though the sanitation worker video felt like they shoehorned in one of those faux-letter films.

I really liked the new version of "I Love Trash" too. Why they haven't made HD-versions of the other classic songs I'll never know.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've literally had the idea for this story for years. Seriously, I have - the only difference was that the new sanitation worker hadn't dented Oscar's trashcan and took it to fix it, but they did take his can by mistake for being new to the route, and being unfamiliar with Oscar actually living in his domain. So, this was very, very interesting to see.

It was nice to actually see Oscar utilize a new feature to the set that David Gallo spoke about years ago of how there were various different cans and bins throughout the entire street for Oscar to pop out of at random. And Allison Williams? Ehhh . . . she's made some questionable choices in her career, but I guess that doesn't matter here.

Otherwise, there was really no need for all the happy singing (other than if it was intentionally to annoy Oscar). And, how does Hooper's have a payphone? Those things are obsolete!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was good. It was nice to see Oscar show his sensitive side. I don't think I've ever seen him cry before. I really like the new version of I Love Trash. It's about time that Eric got to sing it.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
So that was Eric? I wondered about that. I was thinking they may have used Carroll's earlier recording until I realized the difference in Oscar's voice especially when Grungetta and the other grouches joined in. But what the heck was up with that guy Jack the Grouch? How was he relevant to the plot?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So that was Eric? I wondered about that. I was thinking they may have used Carroll's earlier recording until I realized the difference in Oscar's voice especially when Grungetta and the other grouches joined in. But what the heck was up with that guy Jack the Grouch? How was he relevant to the plot?
This Muppet Wiki article should help you know what times Caroll voiced Big Bird and Oscar after Matt and Eric became the official performers. https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Caroll_Spinney_character_transitions

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Oscar Uncanned" premieres on PBS this Monday February 17. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
I was a little annoyed that they omitted the verse with the broken umbrella & the rusty trombone, but glad Eric finally got to sing the song.