Sesame Street Season 49 Episode 4922 - Dinosaur in the Laundromat

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4922 - Dinosaur in the Laundromat
HBO Premiere: Saturday April 13, 2019

There's a strange noise on Sesame Street that Rudy, Zoe, and Rosita keep hearing. To find out what's making this noise, they become scientists and observe, ask questions, and investigate. (Guest: Bill Nye).

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Volcanologists") and Elmo's World ("Dinosaurs").

If you saw "Dinosaur in the Laundromat" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked how Zoe, Rudy and Rosita thought of Bill Nye as a celebrity, cause that doesn't happen with most guest stars. I really like how they're referring to Mr. Johnson by name now. I liked how in the new Abby's Amazing Adventure, Abby and Rudy acted a little dramatic while playing the Floor is Lava, and how Rudy kept mispronouncing "Igneous". Herb showing up at the end was a nice surprise.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You can . . . kinda tell Bill Nye doesn't have much experience working with puppets; he spent more time looking into the camera like he would on his own show than he did looking at Zoe, Rudy, or Rosita when conversing with them.

I will say the street story actually felt more like an older street story, so that was pretty good; Zoe's characterization of her being a malaproper and having an over-active imagination was . . . interesting, it didn't necessarily feel like Zoe, but then again, still not completely used to Jen's Zoe yet.

And man, all those dead leaves scattered all over the sidewalk really makes me miss fall.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Felt like an extended celebrity sketch for a bit there. Nice bit of background acting on Herry thinking he was the person they were going to consult. But, I know "RuleOfFunny" and all, why would an adult man like Chris have a dinosaur toy? They couldn't elaborate on something, anything.

And Herb the Dinosaur, sure, why not.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
why would an adult man like Chris have a dinosaur toy? They couldn't elaborate on something, anything.
You're asking a question like that when a large sum of people within this very fandom collect toys and such?

But yeah, actually, I found that to be a tad odd as well. I just chalked it up to maybe Chris just like dinosaurs and collects dinosaur items, like how some people out there have an affinity for certain animals or objects or something and have collections of them.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, Chris is a goofy man-child. What else is there to know? :smirk:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I forgot all about this episode to be honest, and did not even know that this would be premiering today.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Dinosaur in the Laundromat" premieres on PBS this Monday December 2. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.