Sesame Street Season 49 Episode 4921 - Julia's Haircut

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4921 - Julia's Haircut
HBO Premiere: Monday April 8, 2019
PBS Premiere: Monday April 8, 2019

Elmo, Abby and Alan play hair salon and pretend to be hair stylists to help Julia feel less scared about getting a haircut.

This episode features an all-new street story, Andy Grammer sings "Plan the Play", Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Angel Hair Pasta") and Elmo's World ("Hair").

Beginning with Season 46, HBO acquired exclusive first-rights to broadcast Sesame Street episodes. PBS broadcasts these same shows nine months after their HBO premiere. In order to help more children with autism, this episode aired jointly on HBO and PBS on Monday April 8, 2019. Check local listings for air times for PBS and HBO. This is the first Season 49 episode to air on PBS.

Autism currently affects 1 in 68 children. Sesame Workshop has an official website for children and parents who are dealing with the challenges of autism.

If you saw "Julia's Haircut" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It's nice to finally have a new episode on my DVR. I really liked Elmo being a fancy Spanish hairdresser and the montage of pictures of Julia getting her haircut for real. I know Shane's gonna complain about seeing Plan the Play for a 4th time. But I'm happy it was in this episode just because, I got it on my DVR now.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I mean, there wasn't much surprise in the story, but it's nice getting another Julia episode and the stuff with Elmo was amusing enough (Abby makes the one poof hairdo work). I'm assuming the hairdresser in the photo is actually the Sesame hairdresser or some other staffer.

Yeah, I like the "Plan the Play" song and all...but this is what, the forth time? There wasn't even a letter or number film/toon.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Is it me or does Julia look like Hayley Williams from Paramore in that picture?

Convincing John

Reaction score
I was more intrigued at Elmo's hairstyle resembling Lew Zealand's.:fishy: