Sesame Street Season 49 Episode 4917 - Fixing X

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4917 - Fixing X
HBO Premiere: Saturday March 9, 2019

Big Bird and Snuffy are the hosts of "The Letter of the Day Show" on Sesame Street and learn all about how the letter "X" can come at the end of a word.

This episode features a street story from Season 43, Cookie's Crumby Pictures ("Jurassic Cookie"), Usher sings "The ABCs of Moving You" and Elmo's World ("Alphabet").

If you saw "Fixing X" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I never saw this before, but it was enjoyable, if mainly because we had Big Bird and Snuffy.

I'm glad SS finally caught onto the mistake they made with the Cookie Monster/Count NOTD, and have been having Count count each individual cookie this season.

Hate what they did to the side wall of 123 by Big Bird's nest - that looks awful.

And the alien alphabet song sound rather similar to "Dirty Harry" by Gorillaz.

Last edited:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There was literally nothing new in this episode.
Yes, that's unusual. Usually when we have a repeat street story, there are several new segments premiering throughout the rest of the episode. This is probably the first time we've had an all-repeat episode since the HBO deal.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have new episodes been starting late for anybody else lately, or just me? Whenever I tune in at the top of the hour, the end titles of whatever previous movie are still running, and there's a small handful of promos before the show starts, usually a minute or two after its scheduled air time.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I get that they're not really into the literacy thing these days and focus more on behavioral/emotional things, but I really dislike them shuffling all these different letter bits within an episode. Street story's about the letter X, the letter of the day is A, and then the Crumby Pictures thing is about the letter H. I guess you can make a strength argument and say it's a "throwback" to the first season where there was three letters/two number sponsors per show.

And even so, they couldn't have used the number of the day slot of a number cartoon? Instead it's another alphabet bit?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Fixing X" premieres on PBS this Monday November 11. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I've seen this episode dozens of times over the past 6 or so years, but I might still check it out again just 'cause I love Big Bird, Snuffy, and Leela.